Two-year term | Flexible |
Position title: Alumni Board (Honorary President)
Commitment: Two-year term
Hours per week: Flexible
The Alumni Board’s primary purpose is the promotion of Mount Allison to the community at large. Each member of the Alumni Board will serve as a goodwill ambassador of the University, with the aim of ensuring that our alumni maintain a sense of loyalty towards and desire to support Mount Allison.
The Honorary President supports the work of the Alumni Board, and attends all meetings of the Board and its executive committee; however the specific duties and responsibilities of the Honorary President within these groups are discretionary. The President and Honorary President will work together and develop a role which is consistent with the objectives and priorities of the Board and the specific interests and talents of the Honorary President.
- Must be an engaged Mount Allison alumna or alumnus:
- A recipient of a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A person registered in a program leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A present or former member of Mount Allison’s administrative staff or faculty;
- An honorary degree recipient;
- A past or present member of the Board of Regents; and/or
- An individual whose commitment to Mount Allison has been deemed deserving of membership
- Must be outgoing and reliable
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills
Contact: The Honorary President will work closely with the executive committee of the Alumni Board and the Alumni Relations Office, with the director of alumni relations serving as the primary contact.
Application: The Honorary President is selected by the nominating committee of the Alumni Board. Individuals can be nominated by others or can self-nominate using the alumni board nomination form.