Two-year term | Flexible |
Position title: Alumni Board (Past President)
Commitment: Two-year term
Hours per week: Flexible
The Alumni Board’s primary purpose is the promotion of Mount Allison to the community at large. Each member of the Alumni Board will serve as a goodwill ambassador of the University, with the aim of ensuring that our alumni maintain a sense of loyalty towards and desire to support Mount Allison.
The duties and responsibilities of the Past President include:
- Providing leadership, guidance, and oversight to the Board;
- Helping to transition the new President into their role;
- Attending all meetings of the Alumni Board and executive committee and assisting both as required;
- Chairing the awards and nominating committees of the Board;
- Performing an ambassadorial role for the Board and the University; and
- Fulfilling all other duties and responsibilities of a Director of the Board
- Must be an engaged Mount Allison alumna or alumnus:
- A recipient of a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A person registered in a program leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A present or former member of Mount Allison’s administrative staff or faculty;
- An honorary degree recipient;
- A past or present member of the Board of Regents; and/or
- An individual whose commitment to Mount Allison has been deemed deserving of membership
- Must be outgoing and reliable
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Contact: The Past President will work closely with the executive committee of the Alumni Board and the Alumni Relations Office, with the Director of Alumni Relations serving as the primary contact.
Application: The Past President is generally the President whose term has just finished. The nominating committee of the Alumni Board will officially nominate the Past President for election to the role.