Vice-President & Secretary
Two-year tearm | Flexible |
Position title: Alumni Board (Vice-President)
Commitment: Two-year term
Hours per week: Flexible
The Alumni Board’s primary purpose is the promotion of Mount Allison to the community at large. Each member of the Alumni Board will serve as a goodwill ambassador of the University, with the aim of ensuring that our alumni maintain a sense of loyalty towards and desire to support Mount Allison.
The duties and responsibilities of the vice-president include:
- Assisting the President and the director of alumni relations in planning and organizing the meetings, activities, and functions of the Alumni Board;
- Assuming the role and responsibilities of the President in his/her absence;
- Attending all meetings of the Board and the executive committee; and
- Undertaking and performing specific tasks as requested by the President, the Board, and the director of alumni relations
Contact: Alumni Board members will work closely with the executive committee of the Alumni Board and the Alumni Relations Office, with the director of alumni relations serving as the primary contact.
- Must be an engaged Mount Allison alumna or alumnus:
- A recipient of a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A person registered in a program leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate from Mount Allison;
- A present or former member of Mount Allison’s administrative staff or faculty;
- An honorary degree recipient;
- A past or present member of the Board of Regents; and/or
- An individual whose commitment to Mount Allison has been deemed deserving of membership
- Must be willing to accept the duties and responsibilities described above, and to dedicate considerable time, effort, and resources to the role
- Must be well-versed in University and Alumni Board affairs, and supportive of the mission and vision of each
- Must have strong leadership, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sincere desire and willingness to work co-operatively and constructively with the Board, the director of alumni relations, and other stakeholders of the University community
Application: The vice-president is selected by the nominating committee of the Alumni Board and must be a current member of the Board.