October-May (prior to reunion) | Flexible | Posted November 15, 2016
Position title: Reunion volunteer
Hours per week: Flexible
Position description: Reunion Weekend is a time when Mount Allison’s alumni come back to our University to celebrate the time they spent here. This weekend is a very important part of our University and we take great pride in putting on a successful Reunion Weekend that is enjoyed by all.
In order to ensure Reunion Weekend is a success, the Alumni Relations Office relies on the generous involvement of its alumni volunteers. Reunion volunteers assist with the planning and organizing of the events for their classes during the weekend.
Tasks: There are various tasks that can be undertaken by Reunion volunteers, including the following:
- Co-ordinating social media
- Searching for "lost" alumni
- Contacting alumni (by phone or e-mail) to invite them to participate in Reunion events
- Assisting with the organization of social events
- Assisting with the organization of class meetings
- Assisting staff with various duties at events (i.e. greeting alumni, helping with registration, helping with set-up at events, etc.)
- Assisting with the organization of our Reunion "Class Speaker Presentations"
- Volunteers must be outgoing and reliable
- Must be able to work individually or in a team
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must be willing to participate in a few conference calls with Alumni Office staff, class executive representatives, and fellow class volunteers
Contact: The Reunion volunteer will work closely with the alumni services co-ordinator.
Training: All volunteers will undergo appropriate training before Reunion Weekend commences.
Application: All interested applicants should apply using the online volunteer application form.
Note: Each year, the number of volunteer applicants exceeds the needs of the Alumni Office. Therefore, while all applicants will be interviewed, not all will be selected.