Jol is currently is a shareholder of a substantial Atlantic Canadian business based in the Miramichi with operations across Canada. He also works with Grant Thornton International. In addition he chairs a number of advisory boards for Atlantic Canadian businesses.
From graduation in 1980 to until 2013, Jol held various roles with Grant Thornton and was a partner for 24 of those years.
• MSc (Training and Human Resource Management) University of Leicester, UK
• Canadian Association of Family Enterprise: Family Business Facilitator
• Certified Human Resource Professional
• Chartered Accountant 1982, scoring the top mark in Atlantic Canada as well as GT nationally
• BComm, Mt Allison University 1980
Jol and his wife Maura have lived in rural Colchester County, Nova Scotia for almost 35 years and have raised 5 children who are now scattered around the globe including a son with Down Syndrome who represents Canada internationally in athletic competitions.