Who does Mount Allison University use as a cellular service provider and what is the monthly plan?
Mount Allison University uses Rogers Communications as their service provider.
The monthly plan includes the following:
- 700 day time minutes ( 400 of those minutes are pooled)
- 500MB data (pooled)
- 1000 free incoming minutes
- unlimited evening and weekends ( 6:00 pm-7:00 am)
- unlimited text/picture and video
- 250 CDN long distance minutes
What should I do if I plan to travel outside of Canada?
If you plan to use your cell phone while you are away, contact Computing Services 48 hours in advance to request a travel plan be put in place before you leave.
In order to avoid expensive roaming charges, ensure that data roaming is turned off on your phone while outside of Canada.
How do I backup my device?
iCloud automatically backs up the most important data on your iOS 5 device. After you have enabled Backup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage, it will run on a daily basis as long as your device is:
- Connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi
- Connected to a power source
- Screen locked
You can also backup your device to iTunes by following these steps:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
- Make sure the Summary tab at the top of iTunes is selected.
- Under the Backup section, check the "Back up to this computer" radio button.
- Click the Sync button.
My battery seems to die fast, what can I do?
- Dim the screen
- Keep the screen timeout short
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Turn off wi-fi when not in use
- Go easy on the GPS
- Don't use vibrate
- Turn off non-essential notifications