What do you need to do?
- Notify Human Resources (email@example.com) in the event of your marriage, separation or divorce. When adding a spouse, for benefit plan purposes, it is important that you provide such notification within 31 days of the marriage or the date your relationship qualifies as a common law relationship.
- Notify Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any name change.
What happens next?
- Human Resources will advise what needs to be changed for benefit and pension plan purposes and provide you with the necessary forms to make these changes.
- Human Resources will then make any necessary name changes in the HR system and inform benefit plan providers (if applicable) and the pension plan record keeper.
- In the event of separation or divorce, there may be additional considerations with respect to benefit plans and the pension plan. Please contact Human Resources (email@example.com) for more information.
- You may wish to review existing beneficiary designations for possible changes.
- You may wish to review your existing coverage under the various benefit plans offered by the University.