The Mount Allison academic hoods vary by colour according to the degree.
- Arts: edged with garnet silk with gold silk ornamentation
- Science: edged with old gold
- Commerce: edged with light grey
- Music: edged with royal blue
- Fine Arts: edged with green with orange ornamentation
These will be available for rent in the International Lounge – Wallace McCain Student Centre (2nd floor) on:
- Friday, May 11 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12 from 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 13 from 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Monday, May 14 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
In order to avoid a rush, graduates are urged to collect these items as early as possible. Last minute rentals for graduates arriving late Sunday or early Monday morning will be available at 8 a.m. on Monday morning.
The cost of the rental will be $40 for the weekend; $20 will be refunded if the gown is returned by Friday, May 18, 2018.
All items should be returned to the gown room as soon as possible after Convocation. Returns will be taken until 6 p.m. on Convocation Day. Thereafter returns must be made to the bookstore. For questions regarding caps and gowns, contact Cindy Allen at (506) 364-2437.
When do I wear caps, gowns, and hoods?
- Baccalaureate service: caps and gowns are required
- Convocation ceremony: caps, gowns, and hoods are required