Before Convocation Weekend:
- Apply to graduate by Sept. 30
Complete your application for graduation for the academic year in which you intend to graduate. If you do not complete this application, you will not be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your degree audit form by Oct. 30
Submit your completed degree audit form for the academic year in which you intend to graduate.
- Get your grad all-inclusive bracelet April
Purchase your grad all-inclusive bracelet at the MASU office for fast entrance to all Convocation Weekend events, at a discounted price. Tickets for sale in April.
- Reserve your on-campus accommodations deposits due by May 1
Graduating students wishing to stay in residence (Harper Hall) over Convocation Weekend should make reservations online or through the housing office. Reservations can be made for May 11 to 16.
- Request extra Convocation tickets by Apr. 6
Each graduating student has four reserved Convocation tickets. Additional tickets may be requested.
- Settle financial accounts by May 11
In order to graduate, whether in person or in absentia, all students must have cleared their outstanding financial accounts with the University (i.e. tuition fees, residence charges, library fines.)
- Request special needs services by May 11
Any student or guest who requires wheelchair accommodations or who has other special needs in Convocation Hall, please contact Ryan Sargent at (506) 364-2250 or email@example.com.
- If graduating in absentia, make arrangements by May 11
If you are expecting to graduate in absentia, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the registrar’s office of this before May 11. Arrangements will be made for your diploma to be mailed to you after Convocation.
- Pick up academic regalia May 11-14
You can pick up your cap, gown, and hood starting on May 11. You'll need these for the Baccalaureate service and Convocation ceremony.
- Pick up Convocation tickets May 11-14
Only graduands can collect the tickets, starting May 11. Tickets that are not picked up by 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 13 will be distributed on a first come, first served basis at Convocation Hall on Monday, May 14.
- Gather for the Baccalaureate service
Grads are asked to assemble on the second floor mezzanine of Convocation Hall at 7 p.m. in order to form the procession, with the service beginning at 7:30 p.m. Caps and gowns are required.
- Convocation tickets May 13-14
Ensure your guests have their tickets to Convocation. Guest admission is by ticket only.
- Gather for your Convocation ceremony May 14
Grads gather at the Athletic Centre to form the procession. Students receiving a:
- MSc, BSc, BComm gather at 8:30 a.m. for their 9:30 a.m. Convocation ceremony
- BA, BMus, and BFA gather at 1:30 p.m. for their 2:30 p.m. Convocation ceremony
Caps, gowns, and hoods required. Hoods must be folded and carried by each graduating student.
- Return cap and gown
Please return academic regalia to the gown room in the Wallace McCain Student Centre (2nd floor) following your Convocation ceremony.