First and Second Year
- Take POLS 1001 Foundations of Politics, and 6 credits in POLS courses at the 2000 level
- In addition, you should be thinking about a possible Minor area of study, and taking prerequisites for the upper level courses in that area.
- Bachelor of Arts students must complete at least 6 credits in each of the , and are advised to do so during their first two years of study. Some of these requirements may be filled by completing the politics degree requirements.
- You need to declare your Major and Minor by the end of second year.
Third and Fourth Year
- If you are completing a major in Politics you will require 3 credits at the third or fourth year in each of the four subfields (Theory, Canadian, Comparative, International Politics); if you are completing an honours you will require 6 credits in each of these fields. You should plan to complete at least 3 credits in each subfield by the end of third year.
- Complete all remaining credits in Politics for your Major.
- Complete all remaining credits for your chosen Minor.
- If you intend to graduate in May you must complete an application for graduation by September 30th and a Degree Audit form by October 30th.
You must declare you intention to complete an Honours degree by December of third year. This can be done by completing the “Declaration of Intention to Pursue Honours” form.
Eligibility to complete an Honours program will depend on your academic performance at the end of third year. See the details in the Academic Calendar, 10.10.4 for Honours GPA and Overall GPA Requirements.
Students completing an Honours degree are not required to complete a Minor.