The membership of the Faculty Council shall consist of:
- all persons teaching at least one full course, or two half courses, in the regular academic session of the University
- professional librarians on the staff of the University library
- the director and instructors of the department of physical recreation and athletics
- senior administrators of the University (as from time to time defined by the faculty council executive committee)
- other such groups of persons with the University as the faculty council shall decide on the recommendation of its executive committee.
The chair of the Faculty Council shall be the President of the University, or in his absence, the vice-president, academic and research.
Faculty Council Executive
Terms of reference
The Faculty Council Executive Committee shall prepare the work of Faculty Council, receive reports, make recommendations, and have general supervision of the affairs of Faculty Council between meetings.
The Faculty Council Executive has five members.
Two ex-officio members:
- the President (chair) — Robert Campbell
- the vice-president, academic and research — Jeff Ollerhead
Two elected members, at least one of whom should hold a full-time teaching position in the University, and a secretary:
- Lauren Beck (secretary) (2016-2018)
- Vicki St. Pierre (2016-2017)
- Geoffrey Cruttwell (2016-2018)
The two elected members of the Faculty Council Executive Committee shall hold ex-officio seats on the Senate and shall not sit on Senate in any other capacity during their term of tenure on the Faculty Council Executive Committee
One ex-officio member and two elected members.