Composition of Senate
The Senate shall be composed of the following voting members:
- the Chancellor
- the President, who shall be chair
- the vice-president, academic and research, who shall be vice-chair
- the academic deans, including any associate and/or assistant deans
- the University librarian, the registrar, and the director of continuous learning
- the directors of the Canadian studies, biochemistry, international relations, and women’s studies programs
- the two elected members of the Faculty Council executive and the secretary of the Senate
- one full-time faculty member elected or appointed from each academic department
- one full-time faculty member elected from the drama program
- six elected full-time faculty members or full-time librarians at large
- one full-time librarian appointed by the library council
- six full-time students appointed by the Mount Allison Students' Union
- two persons appointed by the Board of Regents
- one person appointed by the Mount Allison Federated Alumni
The following shall be non-voting members:
- academic and/or administrative officers who are designated by the President
- the President of the students’ union
- one vice-president of the students’ union appointed by the Mount Allison Students' Union
Peter Mansbridge, (Chancellor)
Robert M. Campbell, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (President and Vice-Chancellor)
Craig Brett, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (Secretary)
Representatives of the Board of Regents
Alex Fancy, B.A., M.A., Professor of French, Emeritus
Nancy Vogan, B.A., M.Mus, Ph.D., Professor of Music, Emeritus
Representative of the Federated Alumni
Jeff Ollerhead, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Nauman Farooqi, B.Sc., M.B.A., Ph.D.
K. Sandy MacIver. B.A., M.P.A., Ed.D.
Amanda Cockshutt, B.Sc., Ph.D.
Chris Parker, B.F.A.
Marc Truitt, B.A., M.A., M.S.
Elizabeth Wells, B.Mus., M.A., Ph.D.
Terrence Craig, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Owen Griffiths, B. A, M.A., Ph.D.
Andrew Irwin, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Jeff Lilburn, B. A, M.A, M.L.I.S.
Loralea Michaelis, B.I.S., M.A., Ph.D.
Jeff Waller, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Faculty Council executive
Geoffrey Cruttwell, B.Sc., M.Sc.,Ph.D.
Vicki St. Pierre,B.Mus., M.Mus., Ph.D.
Robert Adlam, B.Sc., M.A., Ph.D.
Mohammad Ahmady, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Kirsty Bell, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Suzie Currie, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Genevieve Desmarais, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
James Devine, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Jane Dryden, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Andrew Grant, B.Sc., Ph.D.
Thaddeus Holownia, B.A.
Leslie Kern, B.Sc., M.A., Ph.D.
Robert Lapp, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
David Mawhinney, B.A., M.L.I.S.
Margaret-Ellen Messinger, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Glen Nichols. B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Andrew Nurse, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Bruce Robertson, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Stephen Runge B. Mus., M Mus., Ph.D.
Erin Steuter, B.J., B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Frank Strain, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Bradley Walters, B.Sc., M.E.S., Ph.D.
Brent White, B.A., B.B.A, M.Sc.M.
Andrew Wilson, B.A., B. Theol., Ph.D.
William Wilson, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Associate (non-voting) members
Pierre Arsenault, B.P.Ed., M.A.
Kim Meade, B.A., M.A.
Eileen Herteis, M.A., M.A.
Robert Inglis, B.Comm, CPA, CA
Gloria Jollymore, B.A., M.B.A.
Mary Emma MacNeil