The Senate of Mount Allison University is chaired by the President and composed of members of the teaching and administrative staff and appointees of the Board of Regents.
Senate determines the academic policy of the University, subject to the availability of funds controlled by the Board and the powers reserved to the President. The majority of its members must be members of the teaching staff.
The Senate may:
- establish or discontinue courses, programs, faculties, and departments
- establish terms of admission to the University
- control and review the requirements for degrees, certificates, and diplomas and examine the qualifications for all candidates for these
- establish academic regulations and procedures
- recommend to the Board policies concerning the allocation of resources