Terms of reference
The purpose of this Committee is to oversee all aspects of academic IT on campus, including those pertaining to teaching, research and creative activities.
The committee will:
- review and make recommendations to Senate on Standards and Policies for the academic use of IT equipment on campus and will ensure that these policies are made available to all users.
- prepare a list annually of priorities of academic IT needs.
- make IT recommendations to the Computing Services Department on how to support the academic mission of the institution.
- consider any other issue related to academic IT use on campus referred to it by faculty, librarians, Senate or the Computer Services Department.
- meet twice per term during the fall and winter academic terms (half of the meetings throughout the year will be held jointly with the IT Steering Committee).
The Academic Information Technology Committee has nine members.
- the provost and vice-president, academic and research (Chair) — Jeff Ollerhead
- the director of computing services — Helmut Becker
- the educational technology consultant — Toni Roberts
Three faculty elected by Senate, with representation from each of the three faculties, one librarian elected by Senate and two students elected by Senate:
- Liam Keliher (2017-2020)
- Roopen Majithia (2017-2020)
- Joshua Kurek (2016-2019)
- Anne LePage (2017-2020)
Two students, elected by the Senate:
- Nigel Verret
- Kailey Wilock
At least two ex-officio members plus at least three elected members.