Ad Hoc Committee on Access Copyright
Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- review the implications of the operation of the Access Copyright license for the conduct of research, teaching and learning at Mount Allison, with due regard for the issues of privacy and academic freedom;
- investigate alternatives to the Access Copyright license and review their appropriateness for implementation at Mount Allison;
- solicit information as necessary from other offices within the University and from other external bodies, including universities;
- make a recommendation to Senate on the question of whether or not the University should continue its relationship with Access Copyright when the current agreement expires on December 31, 2015;
- recommend actions and timelines for a smooth transition if the recommendation is not to continue with Access Copyright.
The committee will present its final written report and make its formal motion of recommendation to Senate by the March 2014 meeting.
The Ad Hoc Committee on Access Copyright has seven members.
One ex-officio member:
- the University librarian (chair) — Marc Truitt
Three faculty members, elected by the Senate, with representation from each of the three Faculties:
- James Kalyn
- Laurie Ricker
- Rocky Wilson
One librarian, elected by the Senate:
- Anita Cannon
Two students, elected by the Senate:
- Ryan Harley
- Daniel Murphy
One ex-officio member and four elected members.
Ad Hoc Committee on Evaluating the Fall Break
The Ad Hoc Committee on Evaluating the Fall Break has seven members.
One representative from the Registrar's Office:
One representative from the Wellness Centre:
Three faculty members, representing each of the three faculties, elected by the Senate:
- Lisa Dawn Hamilton (2015-2017)
- Kathleen Lord (2015-2017)
- Carla VanBeselaaere (2015-2017)
Two student, elected by the Senate after consultation with MASU:
- Dylan Wooley-Berry (2015-2016)
- Mary Emma MacNeil (2015-2016)