Students appealing a decision of the Admission and Readmission Committee must make their appeal within three weeks of the date of the letter from that committee.
The Committee shall decide whether to uphold or reject an appeal of a decision of the Admissions and Re-admissions Committee. Appeals will be considered on the following grounds only:
- the Admissions and Re-admissions Committee was biased;
- the Admissions and Re-admissions Committee made an error in interpreting a regulation;
- new information has been provided subsequent to the decision of the Admissions and Re-admissions Committee;
- the decision of the Admissions and Re-admissions Committee imposes undue or unreasonable hardship.
If the Committee upholds the appeal it shall consider the application for re-admission and its decision shall be final.
The Re-admissions Appeals Committee has three members.
Two ex-officio members:
- the secretary of Senate (chair): Craig Brett
- an academic dean who does not chair the admissions and re-admissions committee — Amanda Cockshutt
One faculty or librarian plus one alternate who are not a members of the admissions and re-admissions committee, elected by the Senate:
- Ardath Whynacht (2018-2021)
- Geoff Cruttwell (alternate) (2016- 2019)