Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- develop and recommend to Senate policies and practices to promote excellence in teaching and learning;
- provide guidance to the Purdy Crawford Teaching Center, with particular reference to its policies and programs;
- work through the Purdy Crawford Teaching Center to administer grant programs for the support of projects in teaching and instructional development within the University;
- review teaching and learning evaluation policies and practices every five years (starting from 2009), and make recommendations to Senate when appropriate.
The Teaching and Learning Committee has eight members.
Two ex-officio members:
- the Purdy Crawford Professor of Teaching and Learning —Rosemary Polegato
- the computing services educational technology consultant — Toni Roberts
Three faculty, one from each of the three Faculties, elected by the Senate:
- David Fleming (2017- 2019)
- Robert Lapp (2016-2019)
- Stephen Law (2017-2020)
One librarian, elected by Senate:
- Laura Snyder (2015-2018)
Two students, elected by the Senate:
- Everett Patterson
- Andrew Moreira
At least one ex-officio member and at least four elected members.