Subject: Pets on Campus
Approved by: The President
Approval date: August 25, 2003
Effective date: September 1, 2003
Administered by: Director of Facilities Management
1 — PREAMBLE
The University regulates the presence of pets in University buildings and on campus grounds in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
2 — POLICY
- Pets are not permitted in University buildings and residences, with the exception of private apartments within the residences and special needs animals such as guide-dogs for the blind.
- All pets on University property must be on a leash and restrained from running loose on campus.
- Individuals are responsible for clean-up of property from animal droppings.
- Violations of this policy should be reported to the building manager or to Facilities Management. Students may report violations to the Dean of Students.
3 — APPLICATION OF POLICY
- This policy does not apply to animals used for research purposes on campus. Please see http://www.mta.ca/admin/acc/index.htm for more details on animals used for research.