Subject: Portion of Salary as a Research Grant
Approved by: President
Approval date: 29 September 2017
Effective date: 29 September 2017
Administered by: Provost and Vice-President, Academic and Research
- Employees covered by the Collective Agreement for full-time faculty and librarians may apply for salary as a research grant for periods of time in which they depart from their normal employment responsibilities, such as a period of more intense activity in research and/or creative activity. The most common example will be while on sabbatical leave. Other possibilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Provost and Vice-President Academic and Research.
- Applications will be completed using the ROMEO system or such system identified by the Director of the Office of Research Services.
- Employees can apply for salary as a research grant up to $2000 per month.
- The Research and Creative Activity Committee’s sole role will be to determine if the proposed activities constitute research and/or creative activity.
- An employee who receives salary as a research grant will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging that he/she takes sole responsibility for complying with Canada Revenue Agency rules and guidelines.
- This Policy will be reviewed and either amended or confirmed every three years.