Explore our dining hall, two café venues and our campus pub for a variety of dining experiences
Jennings Dining Hall
Home of the Fresh Food Company with a marché-style restaurant atmosphere and freshly prepared menus. Jennings is the perfect place to sit back, relax, and connect with friends during busy days of classes, projects, and activities.
Students living in residence swipe their ID cards to enjoy the salad bar, deli, grill, home-style entrées, international entrées, soup, pizza, vegetarian, and vegan options.
The dining hall is open:
- Monday through Friday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Saturday and Sunday for brunch and dinner
- Sunday through Thursday evenings until midnight for late night meals
Students not living in residence, staff, faculty, and visitors can pay the door price to enjoy the dining hall.
Our stations include:
- Mongolian Grill — chefs cook your choice of fresh ingredients right in front of you
- Wood-Fired Pizza — handmade thin-crust pizzas are cooked in the Italian way in a very special custom-made oven covered in copper and a mosaic called "Fire Roasted Tomatoes"
- Vedge — the vegetarian station has Canadian and international dishes in a station that has never been touched by meat; a selection of rice, grain, and pulse dishes are also offered
- Hearty Kitchen — wholesome food based on traditional comfort foods including hot breakfast, rotisserie, and carvery
- Salad Bar — make your own salad, choose from ready-made salads, or enjoy a selection of fresh cut fruit depending on the day and mealtime
- Charbroil Grill — serving selections of grilled and deep-fried favourite foods with fresh cut potatoes
- Pasta and Noodle Bar — choose from homemade pasta sauces and rotating noodle bowl dishes
- Deli and Panini — deli-style and contemporary sandwiches made just for you (hot or cold)
- Soup Bar — made-from-scratch hearty and hot soups
- Accommodation Station — for students with food intolerances and diet requirements
- Espresso and Smoothies — choice of specialty coffees and a rotating selection of healthy smoothies
- Breakfast and Waffle — all-day continental breakfast including make-your-own waffle with toppings
- Desserts — fresh-baked desserts made every day in the Jennings bakery as well as soft-serve and hard ice cream
Our scheduled hours:
- Mon.-Fri.: Hot Breakfast — 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Continuous Dining — 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.; Lunch — 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Continuous Dining — 1:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Supper — 4:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Mon.-Thrs.: Mezzanine open for study hall — 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sun.-Thrs.: Late Night — 10 p.m. to midnight
- Sat.-Sun.: Hot Breakfast — 8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.; Brunch — 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Continuous Dining — 1:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Supper — 4:45 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Hours will change for orientation days, statuatory holidays, storm days, reading weeks, and the study periods between last day of classes and exams. Changes are posted at Jennings, on Twitter, on the Mount Allison website (storm days), or sent by e-mail to residence students.
Flying Bean Café
Pam at the Flying Bean Café, located in the Ralph Pickard Bell Library, has a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, soups, snacks, teas, juices, soft drinks, and Just Us! fair trade coffees.
Hours are Monday - Thursday — 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Friday — 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Saturday — closed; Sunday — 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Grace Annie Lockhart was the inspiration for Gracie's Café, located in the Wallace McCain Student Centre. She graduated in 1875, earning the first Bachelor's degree awarded to a woman in the British Empire. Custom-designed wallpaper features archival images celebrating education during the Mount Allison Ladies' College era when Grace was a student.
A full grill menu along with specialty sandwiches, salads, and homemade meal selections in the deli case; sandwiches, salads, and beverages in the grab and go fridges; coffee and tea station; and freshly baked muffins and cookies are available.
Gracie's is the perfect spot to meet friends, study, look over Alumni Field, or stop by after a visit to the Fitness Centre. Karen, Nancy, and Wanda love to brighten your day.
Hours are Monday - Friday — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday — closed (except during scheduled special events).
The Pond is the pub operation across the hall from Gracie's. The Pond is open for casual pub-style snacks with a lunch and dinner menu during the academic year.
Find out more about the menu and hours of operation.