Your room in residence is waiting!
We believe that our residence system is a great way to ensure success in your studies. In fact, students living in residence have an average GPA that is three points higher than students not living in residence.
Our community is designed to support you. Living in residence as a returning student also provides you with a number of leadership opportunities. Visit the Residence Life page to learn more about the different ways you can become involved in your residence community!
If you are looking for current information or resources, please visit our forms and resources page.
Did you know...?
- Returning students can develop their leadership skills by applying for a house staff position, joining a house committee or running for a house executive position.
- Summer storage is available in residence for returning students, so you have less to move home at the end of the year.
- Jennings Dining Hall offers a fresh and well balanced diet available during convenient hours that fit any class schedule.
- We'll take care of paying the bills! Residence students pay an all-inclusive residence and meal plan rate so that there are no surprises throughout the year.
Already reserved your room? Confirm your space by February 1, 2018 and you could win a $500 bookstore credit*.
For students who have already reserved their room in residence you must pay your housing deposit to confirm your space. The $500 housing deposit is applied to your student account and credited towards the cost of your residence accommodations. For more information about how to pay Mount Allison fees, please visit the Registrar's Office fee payment page.
*Winners will be notified after February 1, 2018. Bookstore credit will be paid in two installments, one each term. The student must remain in residence to claim the credit. For more details, email email@example.com.
Any student currently living in residence is eligible to reserve a room in residence for the upcoming academic year. Students can log-in to the A+ Residence Portal beginning mid-October to select their room.
Oct. 11, 7 a.m. - Oct. 12, 11:59 p.m.: Same House - students are eligible to draw any available room in the residence they are currently assigned to.
Oct. 12, 7 a.m. - Oct. 15, 11:59 p.m.: Windsor, Anchorage & Carriage - students living in Windsor Hall, The Anchorage or Carriage House are eligible to draw any available room on campus.
Oct. 16, 7 a.m. - onwards: General Draw - all students are eligible to draw any available room on campus.
- You can return to the portal if you change your mind. To reserve a new room, you will need to cancel your current booking. If you are hired as an AD or RA or you are elected President or Secretary/Treasurer then Housing will move you automatically and release the room to general draw.
- Your housing deposit of $500 is due by May 4, 2018 to hold your room for September 2018.
- After March 3, 2018 we will begin assigning new students to residence rooms so choices will narrow after that date.
- Students wishing to withdraw from their future room booking should cancel their room booking via the A+ Residence Portal. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org The charge to withdraw from a room taken in room draw is $100.
Returning Student Residence - Bermuda House
We are pleased to offer single and double accommodations in Bermuda House to any returning residence student. Students who choose a room in Bermuda are also eligible to purchase the all-access meal plan or the 10/week meal plan. For current availability in Bermuda House, please log in to the A+ Residence Portal.
View the Bermuda House floor plans below:
Q: How many bathrooms are in Bermuda House?
A: Bermuda House features private bathrooms on each floor. There are six full bathrooms (sink, toilet, shower) and two half bathrooms (sink, toilet).
Q: How many people live in Bermuda House?
A: At full occupancy, Bermuda House can accommodate 30 people (12 singles, 9 doubles).
Q: What meal plans can I choose from?
A: Returning students in Bermuda House can choose from the all-access or 10 meals/week meal plan.
Q: Who is eligible to live in Bermuda House?
A: Bermuda House is open to any returning student or student with an upper year standing.
Q: Is there a kitchen?
A: Yes, there is a large kitchen and lounge in Hammond Studio (attached to Bermuda House).