Pre-departure responsibilities forall students who participate on an international excursion arranged through Mount Allison University.

Submit a completedForm 1-B (International Travel From) to the International Centre — To complete this form students will need to have a valid passport that is good for at least six months after their return to Canada from their study abroad or exchange program. Students must also provide their travel insurance policy information as it is a requirement to have adequate health and travel insurance to participate on a study abroad or exchange program.

Submit a completed Form 1-C (International Travel Waiver) to the International Centre

Submit a completedForm 1-D (International Pre-Departure Travel Checklist) to the International Centre

4) Complete the three CURIE online training modules. Students that go on any international excursions arranged through Mount Allison University must also complete theCURIE online training modules and quizzes.

The online training focuses on three topics:

  • Travel packing and preparation
  • Travelers’ risks
  • Institutional and personal liability

To create an account for accessing the CURIE, please go to the following link and enter your information:

Once you have created your account, please use this link to login to access the training and quizzes:

Please note that you have to receive a score of at least 80 per cent on each quiz in order to have successfully completed the training.

Please take your time when completing all three modules. If you can’t see the tests once you’re logged in make sure you enable pop-ups on your computer.

Once you have successfully completed the three training courses, you must forward the certificates of completion (PDF format) that you will receive from S2 Learning to Ms. Robin Walker, the international affairs co-ordinator. (S2 Learning does not send these scores directly to her.)