The complete application package includes:
- Application details completed using the on-line application system, and two file attachments uploaded to the application.
- A one-page proposal. This proposal should include the research question, the objectives, the rationale for the project, the relevant theory, the methodology or creative approach to be use, anticipated results (if appropriate,) and implications of the research. You are encouraged to use in-text citations, if appropriate. A bibliography or "works cited" list is not required and will not be accepted if submitted. Formatting requirements: Minimum 3/4 inch margins all around. Minimum 11pt font, Calibri or Times New Roman (or equivalent) preferred.
- A one-page statement of your academic preparation, qualifications, and related experience for this project. Formatting requirements: Minimum 3/4 inch margins all around. Minimum 11pt font, Calibri or Times New Roman (or equivalent) preferred. The proposal and statement of preparation should be combined into a single PDF, two pages total.
- A PDF of your unofficial transcript (you can access this from the Connect @ MTA site).
- One signed copy of Form 2 Advisor's/Mentor's Certification Form and Reference Letter. This form must be completed electronically and then printed. Handwritten forms will not be accepted. This is submitted directly by the faculty advisor either by campus mail or email.
- NOTE: If your proposed project involves a creative output (such as poetry, a musical score, artwork, a play, etc), please check "Yes" for Research-Creation and you have the option to include a weblink to any supporting materials that you might wish the committee to see as part of your application. We cannot accept additional hard copies of materials.
Submission is made using the on-line application system no later than 4:30 p.m., January 31. (Note: When January 31 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline is 4:30 p.m. the following Monday.)
Students (and their advisors) who are selected for an NSERC USRA award will be notified and provided with instructions to complete the necessary forms on the NSERC website.
Forms and Related Information
- Form 2: Advisor's/Mentor's Certification Form and Reference Letter
- Copy of Presentation Materials from Information Sessions
- Instructions on how to submit using the on-line system
Guidelines for Submitting Report to the Dean's Office (no later than September 15th)
Certification of Grant Completion Form (no later than September 15th)