Here are a few tips to help prevent catching or spreading a cold, the flu, pertussis, or a stomach virus:
- Wash your hands with WARM & SOAPY water frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer (60 to 90 per cent alcohol based) when you do not have access to wash your hands.
- If you are sick, try to isolate yourself from others when possible to avoid spreading germs.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve to prevent spreading germs to others.
- Discard tissues into a waste basket.
- Clean regularly using household cleaners, areas that are touched frequently such as keyboards, doorknobs, sink water tap handles, phones, desktop surfaces, etc.
- Get your flu shot, in the fall.