The "A to Z" of our services and accommodations
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (for PC)
- Dragon Dictate (for Mac)
- Claro Read
- Read and Write Gold
- Kurzweil 3000
- Ginger Software
- Echo Pen
Liaison with admission office, deans, professors, funding agencies, library staff, technical services
Digital text - We help you obtain digital textbooks or course packs for reading with computer software. We also assist students with creating digitized course outlines and journal articles for class work using our scanners.
- LD screening on site
- Referrals for full assessments, off campus.
- Academic - course selection & program selection
- Personal - referrals
- Financial - assistance with Canada Student Loans, Canada Access Grants, Grants for Services & Equipment for Students with Disabilities
- Career - post- graduation issues dealing with employment and graduate schools
Limited funds are available to assist students in paying for note takers.
Peer tutors are available to students whose disability necessitates additional clarification or elaboration of material presented in lectures. Limited funds available to assist students in paying for tutors.
Meighen Centre computer labs are equipped with scanners that can be used, with the help of our staff, for digitizing course outlines and journal articles.
- Extra time
- Quiet room
- Use of computer/spell checker
- Reader service or test-to-voice software
- Scribe service or voice-to-text software
Time management and organization help
Writing Assistance and Proofreading