Declaring a major/minor
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science students must formally declare a major area of study and a minor by the end of their second year (or upon completion of 54 credits). Alternatively, students can declare a double major or a triple minor.
Bachelor of Commerce students must formally declare a minor in a non-Commerce discipline by the end of their second year. In lieu of a minor, students may opt to complete a major area of study.
By declaring a major/minor you will ensure that:
- You maintain full access to course registration in Connect@MTA
- Program evaluation in Connect@MTA is accurate and useful as you select courses
- You receive important notices about program information and departmental events
- Academic advisors have accurate information to provide you with proper assistance
- Your student records are up to date and confirmation of enrolment letters are accurate
Changing a major/minor
Major and/or minor programs can be added or changed at any time during the course of your studies.
You are advised to explore a program change with the or a to determine what effect it will have on your academic plans. You can run a ‘what if’ degree audit in program evaluation (Connect@MTA) to see how a new major or minor would change your progress towards meeting requirements for graduation.
All students can declare, add, or change a major and/or minor program online using the. This form can also be used to change the academic calendar you are following. Note that if your change of major requires a transfer of degree program you should complete the .