University General Bursary
Apply for a University General Bursary for Spring & Summer terms
is now available for Spring/Summer terms. This bursary covers the period between May 1st, 2018 and August 31st, 2018. The deadline date to apply is May 30th, 2018. Please keep in mind this is a PDF form that must be downloaded and completed. Please return completed applications via email to email@example.com or drop it off in person at the Registrar’s Office (Wallace McCain Student Centre 2nd floor). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications after this date will only be available for students experiencing extenuating/emergency circumstances. You will need to book an appointment with the Financial Aid & awards Counsellor to discuss your financial emergency.
- Submission of this application does not guarantee a bursary. All applications are considered on an individual basis and are dependent on available funding.
- Make a copy of your application for yourself in the event that your resources change from your Fall submission. A Bursary Change in Income form will be available in January 2018 to reassess your financial condition. Reassessments are due by February 1.
- All bursaries will be credited to your MtA student account and disbursed by Financial Services in two equal installments, one in November and the second in January. In the event your account is paid in full and the bursary credit creates a refund, students may request a cheque by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org when they confirm the credit is posted on their student account.
* Both Canadian and international students may apply
* Both full-time and part-time students may apply. Students registered exclusively in correspondence courses are not eligible
* Exchange students are not eligible
* Students who are eligible for provincial and/or federal student loans are expected to apply for these loans in order to be considered for a bursary. A copy of the loan assessment must be attached to the bursary application
* Students should exhaust all avenues of available funding including parental contribution, summer employment savings, part-time employment, student line of credit, investments, etc. prior to applying for a Mount Allison bursary
* Bursaries are not retroactive. Only expenses for the academic year in which the student is applying will be considered
* A detailed budget must be completed to determine need
* A letter is required outlining the student’s financial situation and any other circumstances which may have an effect on determining financial need
* If the student has a spouse or partner who is also attending Mount Allison, each partner must submit a bursary application outlining their share of the expenses and resources
* If the student has a spouse or partner who is not attending Mount Allison, the student must submit a bursary application outlining all resources and expenses for both themselves and their partner
Disbursement of general bursaries
Approved bursaries will be automatically applied to the student’s account in the term(s) for which it is awarded. The student will receive an email with the details of the bursary if an award is made and if the award creates a credit on the student’s account, the student is responsible for contacting the registrar’s office at email@example.com to request a cheque or the remaining credit will be applied toward the next academic term.