Tuition and fees for the 2016-17 academic year
The fees below are for a full academic year, and are mandatory, except where indicated otherwise.
Tuition Full-time Canadian
- Full-time students* (Aviation see ** below): $7,765
- Part-time students (per 6-credit course): $1,553
- Part-time students (per 3-credit course): $776.50
Tuition Full-time International
- Full-time students (Aviation see ** below): $16,750
- Part-time students (per 6-credit course): $3,350
- Part-time students (per 3-credit course): $1,675
- Single private ensuite: $7,282
- Single shared ensuite: $6,587
- Super single: $6,217
- Single: $5,889
- Double ensuite: $5,535
- Double: $5,024
- Triple ensuite: $4,605
Other residence fees
- Residence services***: $608
- Unlimited Meal plan for residence students: $4,622
- 10/Week meal plan (limited to senior students Anchorage & Carriage houses only): $2,427
- Mountie Money****: $100
Student organization fees
- Full-time MASU (student union) membership, and extended health & dental coverage*****: $469
- Part-time MASU (student union) membership: $90
- International student basic medical coverage******: $655
- Library contribution: $15
- Argosy (student newspaper): $33
- CHMA (student radio): $40
- Mail service fee: $25
- McConnell Fitness Centre fee: $100
- Technology & Service fee: $200
* Full time students who are a resident of New Brunswick will be eligible to receive a rebate of up to $150 for the full year. Students charged full time tuition in both terms will receive a $75 rebate credited to their student account each term.
**Aviation: In the first year of study, the tuition fee is Mount Allison Full-time undergraduate tuition. In years two to four, the tuition fee is a blend of Mount Allison tuition and MFC tuition. All ground school and flight training is included, as are Mount Allison courses taken in these years. For 2016-17, tuition is approximately $25,000 (CAD) per year for Canadian students and about $31,500 (CAD) for International students. Tuition fees do not include residence accommodation or travel between campuses. Note that tuition amounts are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
***This fee is mandatory for all students living in residence and covers local phone, cable TV, Internet connection, a mini fridge and access to the laundry room.
**** Mountie Money is mandatory for residence students. The amount will be loaded onto your student card which can then be used to purchase food and other services on campus.
***** Included in the full time Student Union fee is an extended health and dental plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Full-time students can opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage. The plan can be purchased by part-time students upon request. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email email@example.com.
****** International students will be charged for an international student basic medical plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Students may opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.