Mount Allison’s Bachelor of Commerce provides you with an experiential and personal approach to business studies.
You will benefit from:
- small class sizes
- one-on-one time with your professors
- frequent interaction with fellow students
- opportunities to gain real-world experience
- Mount Allison’s strong links to the business world
The program aims to provide a strong foundation in management education, while helping you develop key problem-solving and decision-making skills through your work inside and outside the classroom.
Course work may include:
- taking an idea and transforming it into a functioning business
- working with local entrepreneurs to prepare a business plan and presenting it to venture capitalists
- creating a marketing strategy for a new product or service
Case competitions and field trips to boardrooms and businesses around the country and across North America enhance your learning. Experts also share their knowledge and experience as visiting speakers, through videoconferencing, as guest lecturers, and as judges for in-class competitions.
The Ron Joyce Centre for Business Studies
Established in 2008, the Centre has focused on:
- adding new faculty to an already distinguished team
- developing a wider variety of courses
- providing students with hands-on learning experience through internships, field trips, case competitions, and networking opportunities
Create your own degree
Commerce is offered as a Bachelor of Commerce or an Honours Bachelor of Commerce. You may also complete a Bachelor of Arts with a major or minor in Commerce.
In order to help expand your perspective on the world, the Bachelor of Commerce program requires you to minor in a discipline outside of Commerce.