Where you will find the place you belong.
Mount Allison University is located on Canada's East Coast in picturesque Sackville, New Brunswick. Whether you come here from a small town of a big city, you will soon fall in love with living in the ideal university town.
You will probably need rubber boots, there is often wind, and there is only one major intersection – but what you will find is that the spirit, the people, the opportunities to get involved in this engaging community, and the undeniable beauty of this place will become part of who you are and help you figure out who you want to be.
A five-minute walk will take you from campus into downtown.
- Take in a midnight movie at the retro Vogue Theatre
- Listen to live music
- Grab a bite to eat with friends at one of the delis, cafés, pubs, or diners
- Shop at bookstores, gift boutiques, the farmer’s market, second-hand clothing stores, pharmacies, or grocery store
Sackville's scenic landscapes are a big part of its charm.
- The Ladies’ College Park (Swan Pond), at the heart of campus, is a favourite study spot, and serves as a skating rink in winter
- The 55-acre Waterfowl Park, home to hundreds of species of birds, adjoins the campus and is a great place for walking, running, skating, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
- Other places to explore include the Trans Canada Trail, Beech Hill Park, and Silver Lake
Experience New Brunswick
There are amazing adventures to experience all across the province and fun to be had in all four seasons.
- scenic beauty
- outdoor activities
- dynamic cities
- the highest tides in the world
- the warmest salt water beaches in Canada
- Canada’s only officially bilingual (English and French) province
Get anywhere from here
There is so much to experience in Sackville that you might never want to leave, but if you do, it is quick and easy drive.
- Five minutes to the Nova Scotia border
- 30 minutes to Moncton — New Brunswick’s largest city
- 40 minutes to the Confederation Bridge linking to Prince Edward Island
- Two hours to Fredericton, Halifax, and Saint John
- air: Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport
- train: Via Rail has departures from Sackville to Halifax and Montreal
- bus: Maritime Bus serves the community with multiple daily departures
- car: The Trans Canada Highway makes it an easy drive to Quebec, Ontario, New England, and other U.S. cities on the eastern seaboard