Subject: categories: Special TAC volume CT 2000 - call for papers

From: "RFC Walters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:51:15 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS
          Special volume for CT200

The journal "Theory and Applications of Categories" has agreed to
publish a special volume dedicated to work presented at the
International Conference on Category Theory CT2000, held in Como, in
July. CT2000 intended to present work in all areas of category
theory and its applications, but particularly in the following areas:

   * topos theory and synthetic differential geometry,
   * algebraic topology and homological algebra,
   * enriched category theory and 2-dimensional universal algebra,
   * higher dimensional category theory and quantum algebra,
   * categorical logic,
   * galois theory and descent,
   * categories and computer science,
   * general category theory.

We invite each participant who offered a scientific contribution 
(a talk or a poster) at the conference to submit a complete version of that
work. All papers submitted will undergo the usual TAC referee process.
Papers will appear as soon as they are accepted. All papers accepted will
appear in the same volume of TAC which we hope will be completed
 before end of 2001. The TAC home page is at the URL

http://www.tac.mta.ca/tac/ .

The submission deadline for the special issue is November 30, 2000.  
Please send a compressed_ postscript file to [email-masked], or
3 paper copies to 

 R.F.C. Walters
 (CT 2000)
 Dipartimento di Scienze CC., FF., MM.
 Universita` degli Studi dell'Insubria
 22100 Como
 Italy

We remind possible contributors that the journal TAC can only accept
files prepared with TeX or LaTeX following specific directions as
indicated at the URL above. Most authors ought to be able to arrange for
such a file to be prepared from their paper, but if you have problems,
let us know and we shall try to help.  

We invite interested contributors to inform us of their intention to
submit and to check the web page for the conference at

http://www.disi.unige.it/conferences/ct2000/

for further future information.

The Editors:    Aurelio Carboni
                Giuseppe Rosolini
                Robert F.C. Walters