Subject: categories: CFP: IJCAR 2001 - International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning

From: IJCAR Publicity Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:55:52 +0200 (CEST)

+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                  |
|                              IJCAR 2001                          |
|                                                                  |
|    The International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning     |
|                                                                  |
|                   June 18-23, 2001, Siena, Italy                 |
|                                                                  |
|                  http://www.dii.uni-si.it/~ijcar/                |
|                                                                  |
|               CALL FOR PAPERS / TUTORIALS / WORKSHOPS            |
|                                                                  |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

The International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR) is
the fusion of three major conferences in Automated Reasoning: CADE
(The International Conference on Automated Deduction), TABLEAUX (The
International Conference on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux
and Related Methods) and FTP (The International Workshop on
First-Order Theorem Proving). These three events will join for the
first time at the IJCAR conference in Siena in June 2001.

IJCAR 2001 invites submissions related to all aspects of automated
reasoning, including foundations, implementations, and
applications. Original research papers and descriptions of working
automated deduction systems are solicited.

Topics
------
LOGICS of interest include propositional, first-order, classical,
equational, higher-order, non-classical, constructive, modal,
temporal, many-valued, substructural, description, and meta-logics,
type theory and set theory.

TECHNIQUES of interest include model-elimination, tableaux, sequent
calculi, resolution, connection method, inverse method, term
rewriting, induction, unification, constraint solving, decision
procedures, model generation, model checking, semantic guidance,
interactive theorem proving, logical frameworks, and AI-related
methods for deductive systems such as proof planning and proof
presentation.

APPLICATIONS of interest include hardware and software development,
systems analysis and verification, functional and logic programming,
proof carrying code, deductive databases, knowledge representation,
computer mathematics, natural language processing, linguistics,
planning and other AI areas.

Submissions - Research papers and system descriptions
-----------------------------------------------------
Submitted research papers and system descriptions must be original and
not submitted for publication elsewhere. Research papers can be up to
15 proceedings pages long, and system descriptions can be up to 5
pages long. The proceedings of IJCAR 2001 will be published by
Springer-Verlag in the LNAI series.

All submissions must be received by January 14, 2001. Submissions that
are late or too long or require substantial revision will not be
considered. Authors of accepted papers will be requested to sign a
form transfering copyright of their contribution to Springer-Verlag.

IN THE RESEARCH PAPER CATEGORY, SUBMISSIONS OF THEORETICAL, PRACTICAL
AND EXPERIMENTAL NATURE ARE EQUALLY ENCOURAGED.

Submissions - Short papers
--------------------------
Short papers are intended for quick dissemination of work in progress
or results not substantial enough for a full research paper. Their
length is limited to 10 pages. Submissions under this category will
not be formally refereed, but their content and relevance will be
reviewed. Those submissions accepted will be published in a technical
report, which will be available at the conference. Authors of accepted
papers are expected to present a brief outline of their work at the
conference and to prepare a poster for display at the conference
venue.

The submission deadline is April 2, 2001.

Submission details - All categories
-----------------------------------
Authors are strongly encouraged to use LATEX2e and the Springer llncs
class files. The primary means of submission is electronic. More
submission details can be found at the IJCAR 2001 web site.

Best Student Paper Award
------------------------
A prize of 500 Euros will be given to the best paper, as judged by the
program committee, written solely by one or more students. A
submission is eligible if all authors are full-time students at the
time of submission. This should be indicated in the submission
letter. The program committee may decline to make the award or may
split it among several papers.

Organization
------------
Conference Chair:

    Fabio Massacci
    University of Siena
    Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
    via Roma 56
    53100 Siena, Italy

    Phone: +39 0577 234607
    FAX: +39 0577 233602
    Email: [email-masked]

Workshop Chair:

    D. Hutter (Saarbr"ucken)
    [email-masked]

    Tutorial Chair:
    T. Walsh (York)
    [email-masked]

Program Co-Chairs:

    Rajeev Gor'e (ARP-ANU, Australia)
    Alexander Leitsch (TU-Wien, Austria)
    Tobias Nipkow (TU-M"unchen, Germany)                 
                                                                 
    collective Email address: [email-masked]

Publicity Chair:
    P. Baumgartner (Koblenz)

Treasurer: 
    E. Giunchiglia (Genova)

Invited speakers                      
----------------
    N. Jones (DIKU, DK)                 
    L. Paulson (Cambridge, UK)              
    H. Schwichtenberg (M"unchen, D)         
    A. Voronkov (Manchester, UK)            
    D. Zeilberger (Temple Univ., USA)       

Program committee
-----------------
    R. Alur (Philadelphia)
    F. Baader (Aachen)
    M. Baaz (Wien)
    B. Beckert (Karlsruhe)
    R. Caferra (Grenoble)
    R. Dyckhoff (St. Andrews)
    U. Furbach (Koblenz)
    D. Galmiche (Nancy)
    H. Ganzinger (MPI Saarbr"ucken)
    J. Goubault-Larrecq (INRIA Rocq.)
    R. H"ahnle (Chalmers)
    J. Harrison (Intel, Hillsboro)
    D. Kapur (New Mexico)
    H. Kautz (ATT, Florham Park)
    M. Kohlhase (Saarbr"ucken)
    Z. Manna (Stanford)
    P. Patel-Schneider (Bell Labs)
    F. Pfenning (Pittsburgh)
    A. Podelski (MPI Saarbr"ucken)
    W. Reif (Augsburg)
    G. Salzer (Wien)
    M. Vardi (Houston)

Important dates
---------------
(all dates in 2001)

January 14   Submission deadline - 
             Research papers and system descriptions
  March 19   Notification of acceptance - 
             Research papers and system descriptions
  April  2   Submission deadline - 
             Short papers
  April 12   Camera-ready copy due - 
             Research papers and system descriptions
  April 30   Notification of acceptance - 
             Short papers 
    May 14   Camera-ready copy due - Short papers

   June 18 -
   June 23   IJCAR 2001

CALL FOR TUTORIALS
==================

Scope
-----
It is planned to hold a number of tutorials within the technical
programme of the confer ence. We invite proposals for these tutorials
(as well as suggestions for topics that might be covered). The topics
of the tutorials can cover any area related to automated reasoning and
any related cross-disciplinary areas that might be of interest
(constraints, formal methods, ...). At present, the tutorials are
scheduled to take place on Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th June.

How to Propose a Tutorial 
-------------------------
Proposals should be in English and between one and two pages in
length. They should contain:

       * The title of the tutorial.                           
       * The names, and affiliations of the person or persons who will
         present the tutorial.
       * A brief technical description of the topics covered by the tutorial.
       * Contact details (email, web page, phone, fax, etc).
       * A list of tutorials previously given in this or related areas.

Proposals should be submitted electronically (in ASCII, Ghostscript
compatible Postscript or LaTeX) at the follwing address:

     Toby Walsh, IJCAR Tutorial Chair
     Artificial Intelligence Group
     Department of Computer Science
     University of York
     York YO10 5DD, U.K. 

     Email: [email-masked]
       Tel: +44 1904 432745
       Fax: +44 1904 432767

Important dates
---------------
Tutorial proposal deadline: January 15, 2001 
Notification of acceptance: January 29, 2001 
                 Tutorials: June 18+19, 2001 

CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
==================

Scope
-----
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops on IJCAR related topics as mentioned in the "Call for
Papers". Proposals that promise to bring new topics into IJCAR, of
either practical or theoretical importance, or provide a forum for
more detailed discussion on central topics of continuing importance
are also welcomed. Workshops that close the gap between automated
reasoning and related areas, like for instance formal methods or
software engineering, are especially encouraged.

Recent workshops of participating conferences have included, for
instance, automated model building, automation of proofs by induction,
empirical studies in logic algorithms, mechanization of partial
functions, proof search in type-theoretic languages, strategies in
automated deduction, automated theorem proving in software engineering
and in mathematics, and integration of symbolic computation and
deduction.

Submission Details
------------------
Anyone wishing to organize a workshop in conjunction with IJCAR should
send in postscript format (e-mail preferred) a proposal no longer than
two pages to the workshop chair ([email-masked]) by
January 1, 2001.

Proposals should consist of two parts. First, a short scientific
justification of the proposed topic, its significance and the
particular benefits of the workshop. A second part should include the
proposed format and agenda, the procedures for selecting papers and
participants, and contact information for the organizers. In
particular it should also include estimated dates for paper
submissions, acceptance of notification (before May 1, 2001) and
camera ready copy.

Proposals will be evaluated, and decisions will be communicated by
January 15, 2001. Further information about the arrangements for
workshops can be obtained from the IJCAR 2001 Web site.

Important dates
---------------
Workshop proposal deadline: January 1, 2001
Notification of acceptance: January 15, 2001
                 Workshops: June 18+19, 2001

Workshop chair
--------------
   Dieter Hutter (Saarbr"ucken, D)
   [email-masked]

Sponsors
--------
   Università degli Studi di Siena, the University of Siena
   AI*IA, l'Associazione Italiana per l'Intelligenza Artificiale 
   CADE Inc., The Conference on Automated Deduction. 
   EATCS, The European Association for Theoretical Computer Sciences. 
   ECCAI, The European Coordinating Committee on Artificial Intelligence. 
   ERCIM, The European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics. 
   IJCAI Inc., The International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence.
   MPS, Monte dei Paschi di Siena 

-- 
Peter Baumgartner                         
phone: +49 261  287 2777    mail: [email-masked]
fax:   +49 261  287 2731    WWW:  http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~peter/