Subject: categories: "Practical Foundations" reprint

From: Paul Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:17:59 +0100

I am pleased to report that my book

	Practical Foundations of Mathematics
	Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics 59
	Cambridge University Press, 1999
	ISBM 0 521 63107 6

has sold enough copies (not too sure how many that is) to warrant a reprint.

I have been asked to send any [minor] corrections by 18 August,
which is really rather short notice.

If you have any notes of spelling mistakes, broken sentences, wrong firstnames,
wrong fonts or whatever, please send them to me as soon as possible.

Obviously I also want to know if there are mathematical errors, but it will
probably only be possible to change a small amount of text on this occasion.
(However, judging by the experience with "Proofs and Types", it is likely
to be another ten years before I get the opportunity to make substantial
changes.)

The full text of the narrative of the book (with only the simplest parts of
the mathematics) is available on the web in HTML at
	http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~pt/Practical_Foundations

Some of you got your copies by a special arrangement with Richard Knott at CUP
in March last year.   I heard some rumours that not all of the orders that
were made in that way were actually fulfilled.    If you sent an order to
Richard but didn't get your copy, please tell me.

Paul Taylor