Subject: categories: University Lectureship in Computer Science, Univ of Oxford

From: Luke Ong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:23:41 +0000 (GMT)

UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
		Mathematical and Physical Sciences Division
			Computing Laboratory
		in association with St John's College

	UNIVERSITY LECTURERSHIP IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Applications are invited for a University Lecturership in Computer
Science from outstanding candidates working in any area of Computer
Science.

The successful candidate will be expected to engage in research of an
internationally leading quality.  He or she will be expected to
lecture, supervise graduate students and perform other departmental
duties under the direction of the Head of Department.

The successful candidate will be appointed to a Tutorial Fellowship at
St. John's College.  As a Tutorial Fellow, the appointee will be
expected to take a full part in the selection, academic progress and
pastoral oversight of undergraduates reading Final Honours Schools
involving Computer Science.  The college requires a maximum of 6 hours
teaching per week of full term (averaged over the three terms of the
academic year) and performance of associated duties such as the
pastoral care of Computer Science graduates.

The combined University and College salary will be according to age on
a scale up to £42,900 (pay award pending).  Further allowances may be
payable from the college as detailed in its associated Further
Particulars.

Further Particulars of the post, including Selection Criteria and
application method, together with more detailed descriptions of the
Department and College duties are available at

	   www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/jobs

by telephone request to +44 (0)1865 273831 or by email request to
[email-masked].  The closing date for receipt of
applications is 21st April 2004.