Subject: categories: CTCS 2004 - 3rd Call for Papers - Deadline April 9th

From: Thomas Hildebrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:51:19 +0100

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                          (APPSEM-II event)

                        3rd CALL FOR PAPERS

10th conference on Category Theory and Computer Science (CTCS'04)

                        August 12-14, 2004

                 IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark
                 www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/

             Submission Deadline: April 9th, 2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                          Invited Speakers:

                      Francois Bergeron   (Quebec)
                      Martin Hyland    (Cambridge)
                      Robin Milner     (Cambridge)
                      Andrew Pitts     (Cambridge)
                      Thomas Streicher (Darmstadt)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of the CTCS conference series is the advancement of the
foundations of computing using the tools of category theory.  Previous
meetings have been held in Guildford (Surrey), Edinburgh (twice),
Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Cambridge, S. Margherita Ligure
(Genova), and Ottawa.

The emphasis is upon applications of category theory, but it is
recognized that the area is highly interdisciplinary. Typical topics
of interest include, but are not limited to, category-theoretic
aspects of the following:

* Coalgebras and computing
* Concurrent and distributed systems
* Constructive mathematics
* Declarative programming and term rewriting
* Domain theory and topology
* Foundations of computer security
* Linear logic
* Modal and temporal logics
* Models of computation
* Program logics, data refinement, and specification
* Programming language semantics
* Type theory

The proceedings of the conference will be published as a special issue
of ENTCS (Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE

Lars Birkedal, Chair (IT University of Copenhagen)
Marcelo Fiore (University of Cambridge)
Masahito Hasegawa (Kyoto University)
Bart Jacobs (University of Nijmegen)
Ugo Montanari (University of Pisa)
Valeria de Paiva (Palo Alto Research Center)
Dusko Pavlovic (Kestrel Institute)
John Power (University of Edinburgh)
Edmund Robinson (Queen Mary, University of London)
Peter Selinger (University of Ottawa)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

E. Moggi, Chair, (Genova)
S. Abramsky (Oxford)
P. Dybjer (Chalmers)
B. Jay (Sydney)
A. Pitts (Cambridge)

Local organizing committee:

C. Butz
T. Hildebrandt
A.L. Moerk

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION OF PAPERS

Papers should be submitted, preferably in electronic form, to
[email-masked].

Papers are limited to 15 pages, and must be submitted in dvi,
postscript, or pdf format, possibly gzipped and/or uuencoded, or sent
as a standard email attachment. All submissions must be received by
April 9th, 2004.  If you cannot submit your paper electronically,
please contact the program chair at [email-masked].

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

          April 1st, 2004: Student Grants (see below)

      April 9th, 2004: Submission deadline

      June 1st, 2004:  Notification of authors of accepted papers

      July 1st, 2004:  Registration deadline, and Revised papers due

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                            Associated events:

FIRST GRADUATE STUDENT SUMMER SCHOOL, August 9-11.

Inspired by the success of the graduate student preconference of
CTCS'02 in Ottawa, the CTCS of this year will have a graduate student
summer school from August 9-11, sponsored by the FIRST graduate school
(www.first.dk).  The goal is to prepare students (with basic knowledge
of category theory) for CTCS, through mini-courses in the basic areas
underlying some of the fields of the conference. The school will offer
the following mini-courses (5 lectures each):

    * Coalgebras, Modal Logic and Stone Duality (Lecturer: Alexander Kurz)
    * Game Semantics (Lecturer: Guy McCusker)
    * Operational Semantics (Lecturer: Pawel Sobocinski)
    * Categorical Models for Concurrency (Lecturer: Thomas Hildebrandt)

Registration Deadline: July 1st.

CMCIM WORKSHOP, August 11.

In between the summer school and the CTCS conference, August 11th,
there will be a half-day workshop on Categorical Methods in
Concurrency, Interaction and Mobility. The workshop has previously
been held in connection with CONCUR 2002 and CONCUR 2003.

We invite submissions of extended abstracts (less than 5 pages),
presenting recent results, challenges or work in progress. There will
be no formal proceedings of the workshop, informal proceedings will be
distributed at the workshop. Thus, accepted material may be published
elsewhere at a later date.

Workshop participation is *free*, but requires registration.

Registration is done by sending an email to [email-masked], containing
`CMCIM2004-registration' in the subject, and your full name and
institution in the body.

Submissions should be sent as PostScript files to: [email-masked],
containing `CMCIM-submission' in the subject, and in the body the full
names of the author(s), title, and a text-only abstract.

Workshop Organizers:

  Thomas Hildebrandt
  Alexander Kurz

CMCIM Workshop Registration Deadline: July 1st.
CMCIM Workshop Submission Deadline: June 21th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

STUDENT GRANTS  (application deadline: April 1st!!)

A limited number of grants is available for funding the stay of
international students at a nearby youth hostel during the summer
school and conference.

See http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/accomodation.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CONFERENCE, SUMMER SCHOOL and WORKSHOP HOMEPAGE

Updated information is available from
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SPONSORSHIP

The CTCS conference and summer school are APPSEM-II events,
sponsored by the FIRST graduate school (www.first.dk) and the
Theory Department at the IT University of Copenhagen
(www.itu.dk/English/research/theory/)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

POSTER

http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/plakata4.pdf