Subject: categories: RA position Leicester Pure math

From: "V. Schmitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:15:54 +0000

Dear All,

    There is currently a research assistantship position being
advertised in Leicester, in pure mathematics (details given below).
Interviews are likely to be late April, with the RA starting by
1st June.

Please can you forward this to anyone who might be interested.

Best wishes,
Robert

--------------

University of Leicester

Research Associate in Pure Mathematics
Department of Mathematics

R&AIA 18,265 to 27,339 pa (lower end of scale)
Available for 3 years, to start by 1st June 2004.

Ref: R0646

The main aim of this EPSRC-funded project will be to study the actions of
braid groups on derived categories by generalising recent examples from
the representations of associative algebras, of simple Lie algebras
(category O), and quantum groups. The project will also study the
representations of the braid group induced by such actions. These
developments will be used in order to develop a more general theory of
braid group actions on derived categories.

Possession of a PhD in mathematics, or nearing completion of a relevant
PhD, is essential.

Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Robert Marsh, Tel +44 (0) 116 252
5107 or email [email-masked], or Professor Steffen Koenig, Tel. +44
(0) 116 252 5670 or email [email-masked].

Downloadable application forms and further particulars are available by
following the link below, or in hardcopy from the Personnel Office, tel:
0116 252 5114, fax: 0116 252 5140, email: [email-masked],
www.le.ac.uk/personnel/jobs. Please note that CVs will only be accepted in
support of a fully completed application form.

Closing date:  19 March 2004.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steffen Koenig
Department of Mathematics
University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester, LE1 7RH
UK

Office F24, Phone 0044 (0)116 252 5670
http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~skoenig/
----------------------------------------------------------------------