Subject: categories: MFPS 20 Second Announcement and Call for Participation

From: Michael Mislove <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:50:49 -0600

Apologies to those who receive multiple copies of this
announcement

Dear Colleagues,
  This is the Second Announcement of the Twentieth Workshop on the
Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics and a Call for
Participation at the meeting. MFPS 20 will be held on the campus of
Carnegie Mellon University from May 23 through May 26 of this year. The
meeting will be co-located with the Annual Meeting of the Association of
Symbolic Logic, which will take place at CMU from May 19 through midday,
May 23. MFPS 20 will feature invited lectures by:
  o Christel Baier (Bonn)
  o Radha Jagadeesan (DePaul)
  o Pat Lincoln (SRI)
  o Luke Ong (Oxford)
  o Dana Scott (CMU)
  o Alex Simpson (Edinbrgh)
Each invited talk will have an accompanying special session focusing on
the topic of the plenary talk, and featuring talks by a number of
leading researchers in the area.
  Noting that this is the 20th anniversary of MFPS, we are planning a
panel discussion for one evening of the meeting. Details about this will
be forthcoming later.
  Slots for contributed talks are available for those who wish to
contribute a talk These slots will be allocated on a first come, first
serve basis. If you are interested in giving a talk at the meeting, send
an email to [email-masked] with the title and abstract. Also
indicate if the talk would be appropriate for one of the special
sessions. The deadline for submitting a title and abstract is April 1,
2004.
  We anticipate support from the US Office of Naval Research, and a
portion of that support is reserved to help defray the expenses of
women, minorities and graduate students to attend the meeting. If you
need some support to attend the meeting and are a member of one of these
groups, please send an email to [email-masked] describing your
needs. Because these funds are limited, we are unable to underwrite the
full cost of participation at the meeting, so we expect requests that
address a portion of the costs.
  To access more details about the meeting, please point your browser at
http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mfps/mfps20.htm where you also will find a
link to the Registration Page for the conference. The latter contains
information about hotel accommodations in addition to a registration
form that can be submitted online.
  MFPS 20 is collaborating with ASL to encourage participants to attend
both meetings. In particular, participants at MFPS 20 will have access
to the ASL meetings on Saturday, May 22. A link the to the ASL meeting
information is accessible on the MFPS Home Page.
  MFPS is organized by Achim Jung (Birmingham), Stephen Brookes (CMU),
Catherine Meadows (NRL), Michael Mislove (Tulane) and Prakash Panangaden
(McGill).
  Best regards,
  Mike Mislove

===============================================
Professor Michael Mislove                    Phone: +1 504 862-3441
Department of Mathematics                  FAX:   +1 504 865-5063
Tulane University        URL: http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mwm
New Orleans, LA 70118 USA
===============================================