Subject: categories: HOR'04: last call for abstracts

From: [email-masked] (Femke van Raamsdonk)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:23 +0100

********************************
               *                              *
               *  HOR'04   CALL FOR ABSTRACTS *
               *                              *
               ********************************

      2nd international Workshop on Higher-Order Rewriting
        http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/HOR04/

IMPORTANT DATES:
  Mar 17 2004 : deadline electronic submission of paper
  Apr  9 2004 : notification of acceptance of papers
  Apr 23 2004 : deadline for final version of accepted papers

The aim of HOR is to provide an informal and friendly setting
to discuss recent work and work in progress concerning
higher-order rewriting.

INVITED TALKS:
  Mariangola Dezani   Torino
  Mark-Oliver Stehr   Hamburg

TOPICS of interest include (but are not limited to):
  APPLICATIONS: proof checking, theorem proving, generic programming,
  declarative programming, program transformation.
  FOUNDATIONS: pattern matching, unification, strategies, narrowing,
  termination, syntactic properties, type theory.
  FRAMEWORKS: term rewriting, conditional rewriting, graph rewriting,
  net rewriting, comparisons of different frameworks.
  IMPLEMENTATION: explicit substitution, rewriting tools,
  compilation techniques.
  SEMANTICS: semantics of higher-order rewriting,
  higher-order abstract syntax

PROGRAM/ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
  Delia Kesner         Paris      [email-masked]
  Femke van Raamsdonk  Amsterdam  [email-masked]
  Joe Wells            Edinburgh  [email-masked]

HOR'04 SUBMISSIONS:
  Abstracts between 2 and 5 pages. As HOR is meant
  to be a platform to discuss ongoing research we
  are also interested in abstract describing work
  in progress, or problems in higher-order rewriting.

PUBLICATION:
  The proceedings of HOR 2004 will be published as a technical
  report of the Computer Science Department of RWTH Aachen.

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS:
  Juergen Giesl
  RWTH Aachen, Germany
  [email-masked]