Subject: categories: Picture of Kan?

From: N Ghani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:21:36 +0000

I've got to do some publicity for funding agencies on a grant I have
that uses Kan extensions. I've been told that they like pictures (as
opposed to diagrams). So, does anyone have a picture of Daniel Kan?

I tried his web page but it is rather minimal and without an email
address

Neil

---

From: Dan Christensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:21:35 -0500

> opposed to diagrams). So, does anyone have a picture of Daniel Kan?

The hopf archive has a couple:

This one has (left to right) Bill Singer, George Whitehead, Dan Kan
and someone else that looks familiar.  It's from 1980 at Cornell.

  http://hopf.math.purdue.edu/pictures/kan.gif

This one has Charles Rezk and Dan Kan.  1995 or 1996, MIT:

  http://hopf.math.purdue.edu/pictures-95-96/mit/resk-kan.jpg

It you write to Clarence Wilkerson (the maintainer of hopf,
wilker at math purdue edu) or to Phil Hirschhorn (close friend
of Kan's, sees him daily, psh at math mit edu) you might be
able to dig up better pictures.

Dan