Subject: categories: CONCUR 2004: Final CFP - deadline approaching

From: Concur 2004 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:45:06 +0100

Final Call for Papers for CONCUR 2004

[Apologies for multiple postings]

The submission deadline for CONCUR 2004 is fast approaching:

            **** Friday 9 April 2004 ****

New information since previous announcements:

*  David Harel (Weizmann Institute) will give an invited talk entitled
   "A Grand Challenge: Towards Full Reactive Modeling of a Multi-Cellular
   Animal" (see below for other invited speakers)

*  There will be a special issue of the journal Theoretical Computer
   Science associated with CONCUR 2004.

*  There will be a volume of Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer
   Science associated with the workshops.

-------------------------------------------------

CONCUR 2004, the 15th International Conference on Concurrency Theory,
takes place at the Royal Society, London, Tuesday 31 August - Friday 3
September 2004. As well as the main event, we will also hold many
workshops on Monday 30th August and Saturday 4th February, as detailed
below.  Further information is available at the conference's web site

                  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/concur2004

Important dates
      Submission: Friday 9 April 2004
      Notification: Monday 31 May 2004
      Final version: Tuesday 15 June 2004

The purpose of the CONCUR conferences is to bring together
researchers, developers and students in order to advance the theory of
concurrency, and promote its applications. Interest in this topic is
continuously growing, as a consequence of the importance and ubiquity
of concurrent systems and their applications, and of the scientific
relevance of their foundations.

Submissions are solicited in all areas of semantics, logics and
verification techniques for concurrent systems. Principal topics
include (but are not limited to): - Basic models and logics of
concurrent and distributed computation (such as process algebras,
Petri nets, domain theoretic or game theoretic models, modal and
temporal logics).  - Specialized or enriched models (such as circuits,
synchronous systems, real time and hybrid systems, stochastic systems,
data bases, mobile and migrating systems, parametric protocols,
security protocols).  - Related verification techniques and tools
(such as state-space exploration, model-checking, synthesis,
abstraction, automated deduction, testing).  - Related programming
models (such as distributed, constraints or object oriented, graph
rewriting, as well as associated type systems, static analyses,
abstract machines, and environments).

Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract not exceeding 15
pages electronically via the web submission form at the conference's
web site.  Submissions will be evaluated by the program committee
for inclusion in the proceedings, which will be published by
Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science
series. Papers must contain original contributions, be clearly
written, and include appropriate reference to and comparison with
related work.  Simultaneous submissions to other conferences are not
allowed.

There will be a special issue of the journal Theoretical Computer
Science associated with Concur 2004.

Invited speakers

*  David Harel (Weizmann Institute): Invited Talk entitled "A Grand
   Challenge: Towards Full Reactive Modeling of a Multi-Cellular
   Animal"

*  Sriram K. Rajamani (Microsoft Research): Invited Talk on Zing (a
   model-checking tool based on ideas from process algebra)

*  Peter O'Hearn (Queen Mary University of London) and Steve Brookes
   (Carnegie-Mellon): Tutorial on Local Reasoning about Concurrent
   Imperative Programs

*  Bengt Jonsson (Uppsala): Tutorial on Regular Model Checking

Organisers

    * General chair: Philippa Gardner
    * Programme Committee co-chairs: Philippa Gardner, Nobuko Yoshida
    * Workshops organisers: Vladimiro Sassone, Julian Rathke
    * Local organisers: Iain Phillips, Sergio Maffeis, Alex Ahern

Program committee
      Philippa Gardner, co-chair, UK
      Nobuko Yoshida, co-chair, UK
      Luca Aceto,  Denmark
      Bruno Blanchet, Germany/France
      Steve Brookes, USA
      Luca De Alfaro, USA
      Paul Gastin, France
      Petr Jancar, Czech Republic
      Joost-Pieter Katoen, Netherlands
      Dietrich Kuske, Germany
      Cosimo Laneve, Italy
      Michael Mendler, Germany
      Ugo Montanari, Italy
      Catuscia Palamidessi, France
      Vladimiro Sassone, UK
      PS Thiagarajan, Singapore
      Antti Valmari,  Finland
      Wang Yi, Sweden

Concur 2004 gratefully acknowledges sponsorship from Microsoft Research.

Monday workshops

- Workshop on Structural Operational Semantics, SOS 2004
   URL = http://www.cs.auc.dk/~luca/SOS-WORKSHOP
   Contact = Luca Aceto <[email-masked]>

- 11th International Workshop in Expressiveness in Concurrency,
     EXPRESS 2004
   URL = http://www.win.tue.nl/express04
   Contact = Flavio Corradini <[email-masked]>

- II Workshop on Object-Oriented Developments, WOOD 2004
   URL = http://www.dsi.unive.it/wood2004
   Contact = Viviana Bono <[email-masked]>

- 3rd International Workshop on Foundations of Coordination Languages
     and Software Architectures, FOCLASA 2004
   URL = http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/~jmj/Foclasa04
   Contact = Jean-Marie JACQUET <[email-masked]>

- 2nd International Workshop on Security Issues in Coordination
     Models, Languages and Systems, SECCO 2004
   URL = http://www.cs.unibo.it/secco04/
   Contact = Gianluigi Zavattaro <[email-masked]>

- BIOCONCUR 2004
   URL = http://www.imm.dtu.dk/bioconcur04
   Contact = Anna Ingolfsdottir <[email-masked]>

Friday afternoon + Saturday

- Global Ubiquitous Computing
   URL = http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/fgc04
   Contact = Julian Rathke <[email-masked]>

Saturday workshops

- 3rd International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Methods in
     VerifiCation, PDMC 2004
   URL = http://www.fi.muni.cz/~brim/PDMC04/
   Contact = Martin Leucker <[email-masked]>

- First International Workshop on Practical Applications of Stochastic
     Modelling, PASM 2004
   URL = http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/pasm2004
   Contact = Jeremy Bradley <[email-masked]>

- Infinity
   URL = http://www.lfcs.ed.ac.uk/Infinity04
   Contact = Julian Bradfield <[email-masked]>

- Fourth International Workshop on Automated Verification of Critical
     Systems, AVoCS 2004
   URL = http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mrh/AVoCS04.html
   Contact = Michael Huth <[email-masked]>

*  There will be a volume of Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer
   Science associated with the workshops.