Music ensembles at Mount Allison University enjoy a reputation as some of the finest in Canada. Participation in an instrumental or vocal ensemble is a challenging and rewarding experience that combines desires for community, learning, and artistic achievement in a stimulating environment. In keeping with Mount Allison’s liberal arts tradition, ensembles are open to any Mount Allison student and indeed dedicated community members who demonstrate the competency and spirit to contribute fully. Public performances take place both on and off campus.
Most ensembles are 1 credit per academic year. Auditions are held for each ensemble during the first week of classes in the fall. Please see the specific information for each ensemble below, or contact the Music department.
- Symphonic Band, directed by Dr. James Kalyn.
- Chamber Orchestra, directed by Dr. Greg Burton.
- Jazz Ensemble, directed by Dr. James Kalyn.
- Choral Society, directed by Dr. Gayle h Martin.
- Elliott Chorale, directed by Dr. Gayle h Martin.
- Pep Band, student-run society.
Click on the ensemble link above for more information