Physics Student Teaching Assistant Application for Fall 2017
Application deadline was August 15th. The deadline is extended for just the two jobs indicated below.
Mount A e-mail:
Phone number (home, cell, etc.):
TA jobs anticipated for Winter: (Slots marked as * have fewer hours and may be combined.)
- Physics 1021: Solar System Astronomy
Tuesday 2:30-4pm (Job code A1*)
Thursday 2:30-4 pm (Job code A2*) Still Open
Thursday 4pm-5:30 (Job code A3*)
(Note: Astro Assignment marker not required.)
- Physics 1051: General Physics I (Intro)
Monday 3:15-5:30 pm (Job code B1)
Wednesday 3:15-5:30 pm (Job code B2)
Tuesday and Thursday 9-10 am (Job code B3)
Tuesday and Thursday noon-1 pm (Job code B4)
(Note that positions B1 to B4 mark activities weekly)
Intro Assignment Marker -Weekends (Job code B5) (Experience and higher GPA req.)
Activity Marker/Float TBA (Job code B6*)
Setup/Float, TBA 3-4:30 pm T or Th (Job code B7*)
- Physics Help Center Tutor: 1051 (Experience and GPA 3.0+)
Sunday afternoon (2 hours TBA) (Job code B8*)
Tuesday eve (2 hours TBA) (Job code B9*)
- Physics 2251: Vibrations and Waves
Monday 2:30-5:30pm (Job code C1)
- Physics 2801: Data Aquistion & Analysis
Fridays 2:30-5:30pm (Job code D1)
- Physics 3201: Statistical Mech
Marker* (* depends on enrollment Job code ST1)
- Physics 3101: Electricity and Magnetism
Marker * (* depends on enrollment) (Job code E1)
- Physics 3361: Digital Electronics and Signal Processing
Lab Wednesday 2:30-5:30pm and/or Setup (Job code F1) Still Open
- Physics 3821: Quantum Mechanics
Marker* (*depends on enrollment) (Job code QM1)
- Physics 4201: Solids TA position not required.
List jobs you are applying for in order of preference:
D1 or A2*/A3*, then G1, B1, B3 etc.)
What is your academic program? (i.e. 2nd year physics major):
List all physics courses completed with a mark of B- or above:
Which physics courses are you registered in this term?
Do you have previous Physics TA or other teaching experience?
List any special training or certificates relevant to your application, such as First aid or WHMIS.
If you are an experienced physics TA, have you previously attended the TA teaching talk (usually offered by Dr S Collette) ?
The minimum requirements to work as a Physics TA are:
- registration in at least one MTA course this term with good academic standing
- have a CUM GPA of 2.7+ with a grade of B- (or higher) in the course you wish to TA
- have a Canadian SIN number (prior to starting work)
Do you meet these requirements? (If no, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about exceptions before applying.)
Marking only jobs and Help Center job are independent and competitive. Prior TA experience and higher grades are normally needed.
Hours for a Physics TA are typically 35 to 40 per term. If 23 hours or less are expected a * indicates a half position.
Most jobs are a combination of lab time and marking unless indicated.
All job offers are schedule specific so email cpettipas if you discover a conflict after you have applied.
It is highly recommended that you register for required classes on Connect before applying.
(An acknowledgement message will appear as the application is transmitted.)