Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 ProPlus is a subscription service that provides you with the latest version of the Office desktop applications that you’re already familiar with, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Office 365 ProPlus is a user-based service that allows students to access Office experiences on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on their mobile devices. Traditional Office installations were tied to the computers they were installed on. Office 365 ProPlus will be offered to students at no charge.
1. Log in to Office 365 using your email@example.com and password.
2. Click the gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Choose Office 365 settings.
4. Click Software in the left-hand menu.
5. Click either Desktop setup.
6. Start your download.
Configuring Outlook 2013 for Office 365 (Windows)
- Open Outlook 2013.
- From the top Menu select the File tab.
- Above the Account Settings button, click Add Account.
4. On the Auto Account Setup page, ensure that Email Account is selected and then enter the following information:
- In the Your Name field, enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Password field, enter your password. Re-enter the password in the Retype Password field.
- Click Next.
5. Wait for Outlook to find your server. This could take a few minutes.
6. Click Finish once Outlook has completed configuring your Office 365 account.
Configuring Outlook 2011 for Office 365 (MAC)
1. Start Outlook.
2. From the Tools menu select Accounts...
3. In the lower left corner, select Add+, then select Exchange.
4. Enter your credentials:
• Email Address: email@example.com
• From the Method: drop down menu select User Name and Password
• In the User name: firstname.lastname@example.org
• in the Password: field enter your password
• Check the box beside Configure automatically
• Click the Add Account button.
5. Click Allow.
6. The screen will display the Detecting Exchange Server information. This could take a few minutes.
7. Click Allow again.
8. The Accounts screen will be displayed and your account is configured and ready to use.
Note: If you are asked for the server name, enter outlook.office365.com, then click Add Account.
Configuring Outlook on your iPhone or iPad
You can connect to your Office 365 or other Exchange based email on an iPhone or iPad. When you set up an Exchange account on your phone or tablet, you’ll be able to access and synchronize your email, calendar, and contacts.
1. If this is the first email account on your iPhone, select Mail. Otherwise, select Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange.
3. Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, and your password. Then select Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Skip to step 5 if your mail program finds your settings.
4. If your iPhone can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually enter your Server name: outlook.office365.com, and your Domain:ad.mta.ca.
5. Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then select Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information is synchronized.
6. If you're prompted to create a passcode, select Continue, and enter a numeric passcode. If you don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view your email account on your iPhone.
Configuring Outlook on your Android Phone
You can connect to your Office 365 or other Exchange-based email on an Android phone. When you set up an Exchange account on your phone, you’ll be able to access and synchronize your email, calendar, and contacts.
1. From your phone, select Apps > Settings > Accounts and sync > Add account > Email.
2. Type your Office 365 email, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and select Next.
3. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
4. If you get a remote security administration warning, select OK.
5. On the next screen, in the domain\username field, type your domain and full email address (e.g. mta.ca\email@example.com). Your user name is your full email address.
6. As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account options screen displays. Select from the available options, and then select Next. Sync email, calendar, and contacts are selected by default.
7. Type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
Configuring Outlook on your Blackberry OS 10
If you're using BlackBerry 10, set up your account using Exchange ActiveSync. Exchange ActiveSync lets you synchronize email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos with your account. In most cases, your device will set up your account in just a few simple steps. While viewing the Home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
1. Select Settings > Accounts
If this is your first account, select the Advanced icon that appears along the bottom toolbar.
If you have other accounts already, select Add Account followed by selecting Advanced
2. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync from the Advanced Setup options (for all ActiveSync based accounts regardless of mail platform)
3. Enter in the required information, which includes:
Username - your firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address -your email@example.com
Password - your password
Server Address - outlook.office365.com
Port(443 by default) - leave at 443
Note: optional fields include Description, Domain, toggles for SSL, VPN, and Push, as well as the Sync Timeframe.
4. Tap Next to finish configuring the account, and then tap Done.
That’s it! You should now have a BlackBerry 10 smartphone configured with work email via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.