Jaryd Morrissey ('18)
Bachelor of Commerce
- Participated in Mounties in Motion, a group of student-athletes that volunteers in local schools to help get kids active.
- Went to Marshview Middle School to participate in lunch hour programming for students.
- Growing up in Sackville, had the opportunity to train with older athletes who were playing for Mount Allison.
- Feels an immense gratitude for Alumni Field, which can be used almost year-round, and has benefited significantly from this addition.
- Will be entering a Corporate Residency MBA program at Dalhousie in the 2019-2010 school year.
"There is a certain reputation and image that you feel you need to have because you are representing not only Mount Allison but the community and younger athletes. The biggest thing I feel when I think about what Mountie Pride is, is that reputation that you try to uphold."
Steve Chapman ('82, '83)
Bachelor of Arts with a major in history, Bachelor of Education
- Was recruited to play basketball and did so for four years for Mount A in the USports League.
- Was co-captain for the last two years.
- Coached basketball at Mount A from 1992 to 2000 then came back as head coach three years ago.
- Believes that sports and academics go hand-in-hand. One fosters the other and provides discipline, structure, and balance.
- Retired from teaching three years ago after 32 years in the school system.
"It is this passion of being an Allisonian and my overall experience that make me feel it is important to give back to Mount Allison not only financially but also through coaching basketball here, a sport that I truly love.