Crossing the border:

There are many possible complications when it comes to importing and exporting into and out of Canada. All goods purchased from outside Canada must be purchased using a Purchase Order Requisition or a Purchasing Card (P-Card) in order to properly manage issues of ownership, cross border documentation and importation duties. All University employees ordering materials from suppliers outside Canada must be aware of these requirements and ensure that the supplier knows that the goods are being exported to Canada. Employees wishing to ship University goods outside of Canada for repair or other purposes should contact Financial Services at before shipping the goods.


Useful information:
Mount Allison University Customs Checklist
Shipping to Canada Instructions
Incoterms Document
Thompson, Ahern & Co. Limited
Customs Tarrif Link 
Canada Customs Invoice (blank)