What do you need to do?
- Notify your manager in writing with a copy to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your resignation and the effective date. For unionized employees, please consult your collective agreement for the required notice period. Non-bargaining employees are asked to provide a minimum of two weeks' notice.
- If you are moving, inform Human Resources of your new address.
- Turn in any building keys and your staff ID card to your supervisor on your last working day.
What happens next?
- Within one week of receipt of your resignation notice, the Payroll and Benefits Supervisor will send you a letter detailing the status of your coverage under the various benefit plans.
- If you are a member of the staff pension plan, you will receive information from Human Resources on the options available to you within three to four weeks after your resignation date.
- If you are a member of the faculty pension plan, you will receive information from Sun Life Financial on the options available to you within three to four weeks after your resignation date.
- The Human Resources Consultant will contact you concerning an exit interview.
- Within five business days of the end of the pay period in which you terminate, Human Resources will e-mail your Record of Employment to you.
- For non-faculty employees, Human Resources will confirm any vacation or banked time owing to you with your manager.