Before Convocation Weekend:
- Apply to graduate by Sept. 30
Complete your application for graduation for the academic year in which you intend to graduate. If you do not complete this application, you will not be eligible to graduate.
- Submit your degree audit form by Oct. 30
Submit your completed degree audit form for the academic year in which you intend to graduate.
- Get your grad all-inclusive bracelet April
Purchase your grad all-inclusive bracelet at the MASU office for fast entrance to all Convocation Weekend events, at a discounted price. Tickets for sale in April.
- Reserve your on-campus accommodations first come, first served basis
Graduating students wishing to stay in residence (Harper Hall) over Convocation Weekend should make reservations online or through the housing office. Reservations can be made for May 9-12.
- Request extra Convocation tickets by Apr. 5
Each graduating student has four reserved Convocation tickets. Additional tickets may be requested.
- Settle financial accounts by May 10
In order to graduate, whether in person or in absentia, all students must have cleared their outstanding financial accounts with the University (i.e. tuition fees, residence charges, library fines.)
- Request special needs services by May 10
Any student or guest who requires wheelchair accommodations or who has other special needs in Convocation Hall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If graduating in absentia, make arrangements by May 10
If you are expecting to graduate in absentia, please e-mail email@example.com to inform the registrar’s office of this before May 10. Arrangements will be made for your diploma to be mailed to you after Convocation.
- Pick up academic regalia May 10-13
You can pick up your cap, gown, and hood starting on May 10. You'll need these for the Baccalaureate service and Convocation ceremony.
- Pick up Convocation tickets May 10-13
Only graduands can collect the tickets, starting May 10. Tickets that are not picked up by 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 12 will be distributed on a first come, first served basis at Convocation Hall on Monday, May 13.
- Gather for the Baccalaureate service
Grads are asked to assemble on the second floor mezzanine of Convocation Hall at 7 p.m. in order to form the procession, with the service beginning at 7:30 p.m. Caps and gowns are required.
- Convocation tickets May 12-13
Ensure your guests have their tickets to Convocation. Guest admission is by ticket only.
- Gather for your Convocation ceremony May 13
Grads gather at the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts to form the procession. Students receiving a:
- MSc, BSc, BComm, Honours Certificate in Science or Commerce, and any October 2018 grads in these programs, gather at 8:30 a.m. for their 9:30 a.m. Convocation ceremony
- BA, BMus, BFA, Honours Certificate in Arts, and any October 2018 grads in these programs gather at 1:30 p.m. for their 2:30 p.m. Convocation ceremony
- Return cap and gown
Please return academic regalia to the gown room in the Wallace McCain Student Centre (2nd floor) following your Convocation ceremony.