Updated Sept. 16, 2020
The MtA Sackville Bubble existed before ‘bubbles’ became a part of our pandemic vocabulary.
Students have long referred to their time at Mount Allison as living in the ‘Sackville Bubble.’
The bubble has always represented a space where students and the entire community can feel a shared inspiration and connection — enveloped by the belief that we are all in this together.
Now, more than ever, we are all focused on that connection and commit to taking the necessary steps to foster a safe, healthy, and supportive environment for everyone in the bubble during these unusual times.
We live, work, and study alongside each other. From a public health and safety standpoint, we are interdependent. Our actions and decisions have a direct effect on each other.
MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO DO YOUR PART TO PROTECT EVERYONE IN THE MtA SACKVILLE BUBBLE
Commit to helping break the lines of COVID-19 transmission.
- Simple, individual actions can directly reduce the risk of community spread. Respect physical distancing (2 metres), only gather in small groups, wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds, and wear a non-medical mask as required and when physical distancing is not possible.
Commit to remaining vigilant and protecting yourself and others — on and off campus.
- Follow all health-related measures that are instituted by the Province and those put in place by the University, the Town, local businesses, and landlords.
Commit to staying informed on how you can help ensure a safe and healthy community.
- Follow the steps that Mount Allison, Sackville, and New Brunswick are taking to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Information can be found at mta.ca/fall2020, sackville.com/covid-19, and gnb.ca/coronavirus.
Commit to upholding University, municipal, and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
- Mount Allison and the Town of Sackville, in co-operation with Public Health and the RCMP, will promote awareness and enforce rules and regulations around COVID-19 safety measures.
Show your commitment to the MtA Sackville Bubble by proudly displaying your MtA Sackville Bubble sticker.
- MASU Office — second floor of the Wallace McCain Student Centre
- Sackville Town Hall — 31 Main St.
- Bagtown Brewing Company — 45B Main St.
And share on social media! #MtASackvilleBubble
Required health & safety measures
The Government of New Brunswick has taken measures to protect the health and wellbeing of New Brunswickers during the COVID-19 pandemic. That has led to a State of Emergency and an emergency Mandatory Order restricting many ordinary activities during these extraordinary times.
The Mandatory Order includes rules and conditions aimed at reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Everyone, including individuals, employers and businesses, must follow the order to ensure public health.
Key rules include:
- Residents are permitted to gather only in small groups
- Anyone arriving in the province from outside the Atlantic Bubble is required to self-isolate for 14 days immediately upon arrival
These measures will be strictly enforced. Failure to comply can result in fines ranging from $240 to more than $10,000.
A toll-free information line and e-mail address, with services in both official languages, has been established by the Province of New Brunswick to help answer non-health related questions, including questions or concerns about compliance with the state of emergency.
- 1-844-462-8387 — available seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
- After-hours, non-emergency complaints should be directed to 1-888-506-7267, the local dispatch line. (In an emergency, call 911.)
Concerns about workplace safety should be directed to WorkSafeNB.