Updated Sept. 1, 2020
Mount Allison and the Town of Sackville have teamed up to provide a one-stop welcome and orientation centre for all new and returning students taking classes on campus.
All Mount Allison students (new and returning) who will be taking classes on campus MUST visit the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre and fill out a contact information form*, including students living in residence and off-campus housing, and students commuting from other locations outside Sackville.
The Welcome Centre has ample parking and is following Public Health COVID-19 guidelines. Please wear a non-medical mask in the Centre and maintain a 2-metre distance from others.
In an effort to limit traffic on campus, the Welcome Centre provides a safe space to offer services usually provided on move-in day.
Only students are permitted inside the Welcome Centre in order to reduce congestion and assist in maintaining physical distancing. Parents and family members are required to wait for their student outside the Centre.
When students should visit the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre:
- Students who are not required to self-isolate should visit the Welcome Centre upon arrival in Sackville. If already in Sackville, visit the Welcome Centre when it opens.
- Students who are required to self-isolate and moving into residence should stop at the Welcome Centre to pick up their key card to get into residence. Students will need to follow strict Public Health rules. See below for important details. Residence students must visit the Welcome Centre again once their self-isolation period is complete.
- Students who are required to self-isolate and living off-campus should go straight to their accommodation, complete their self-isolation period, and then visit the Welcome Centre.
*The purpose of the contact information form is to gather your current local address and contact information for Public Health, to be used in the event of contact tracing.
The MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre is located at the Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre at 182 Main St.
- Aug. 14-15: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Aug. 16-29: open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Aug. 30-31: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sept.1-2: open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sept. 3-7: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
From Sept. 8-11, all services will move to the Pond, located in the basement of the Wallace McCain Student Centre.
Once at the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre
At the Welcome Centre, you will hand in your contact information form. To speed up the process, we encourage you to download the contact information form, fill it out, and print it ahead of time. Forms will also be available at the Centre.
Once your form is signed and handed in, you will receive a green bracelet to signify you have been processed at the Welcome Centre. Green bracelets must be kept until the beginning of the fall term.
The Welcome Centre will also be a space to safely issue:
- student ID cards
- residence keys
- orientation welcome pack
- student parcel pick ups
For residence students who need to self-isolate and are driving to campus, arriving on Aug. 14-15:
- Drive to the Welcome Centre during opening hours and park in the marked parking spots by the front doors
- You must be wearing a mask
- Stay in your car and call the number on the sign
- We will give you your key card through your window
All residence students who are self-isolating must visit the Welcome Centre once their period of self-isolation is complete.
- You MUST then drive straight to residence
All students will receive a bracelet when they check in at the Welcome Centre.
- All students will receive a green bracelet, which must be worn until the beginning of the fall term, when they check in at the Welcome Centre. The bracelet indicates they have visited the Welcome Centre, shared contact information that will be used in the even contact tracing is required, and have received their welcome back info and a swag bag (with a MtA Sackville Bubble face mask and sticker, Town of Sackville branded items, and town coupons) as well as important information about the COVID-19 measures adopted by the University and the Town of Sackville. The green bracelet is required to pick up parcels and access booths at the Welcome Centre, and to access the dining hall and the bookstore once they open and until the beginning of the fall term.
- Residence students will also be issued a bracelet coloured according to residence. The colour-coded bracelets will make it easier for residence staff to quickly distinguish between residents and visitors, as visitors are currently not allowed in residence. The bracelets also identify residence students to dining hall staff. (The dining hall is only open to residence students this year.)