Mount Allison and the Town of Sackville are teaming up to provide a one-stop welcome and orientation centre for all new and returning students taking classes on campus.
All Mount Allison students (new and returning) who will be taking classes on campus MUST visit the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre and fill out a contact information form*, including students living in residence and off-campus housing, and students commuting from other locations outside Sackville.
The Welcome Centre will have ample parking and will follow Public Health COVID guidelines.
In an effort to limit traffic on campus, the Welcome Centre will also provide a safe space to offer services usually provided on move-in day.
When students should visit the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre:
- Students who are not required to self-isolate should visit the Welcome Centre upon arrival in Sackville. If already in Sackville, visit the Welcome Centre when it opens.
- Students who are required to self-isolate and moving into residence should stop at the Welcome Centre to pick up their key card to get into residence. Students will need to follow strict Public Health rules. See below for important details.
- Students who are required to self-isolate and living off-campus should go straight to their accommodation, complete their self-isolation period, and then visit the Welcome Centre.
*The purpose of the contact information form is to gather your current local address and contact information for Public Health, to be used in the event of contact tracing.
The MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre will be located at the Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre at 182 Main St. and will be open 7 days a week starting Aug. 14, 2020.
- Aug. 14-15: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Aug. 16-29: open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Aug. 30-31: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sept.1-2: open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sept. 3-7: open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
From Sept. 8-11, all services will move to the Pond, located in the basement of the Wallace McCain Student Centre.
Once at the MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre
At the Welcome Centre, you will hand in your contact information form. To speed up the process, we encourage students to download the contact information form, fill it out, and print it ahead of time. Forms will also be available at the Centre.
Once your form is signed and handed in, students will receive a green bracelet to signify you have been processed at the Welcome Centre. Green bracelets must be kept until Sept. 18.
The Welcome Centre will also be a space to safety issue:
- student ID cards
- residence keys
- orientation welcome pack
- student parcel pick ups
For residence students who need to self-isolate and are driving to campus, arriving on Aug. 14-15:
- Drive to the Welcome Centre during opening hours and park in the marked parking spots by the front doors
- You must be wearing a mask
- Stay in your car and call the number on the sign
- We will give you your key card through your window
- You MUST then drive straight to residence