Updated June 15, 2020
Fall sport season
- Atlantic University Sport (AUS) and the Atlantic Collegiate Athletics Association (ACAA) have announced that all regular season and postseason competition will be cancelled until January 2021.
- At Mount Allison this will impact badminton, basketball, cross-country, football, hockey, rugby, soccer, swimming, and volleyball.
- Mount Allison will continue to offer programming for student-athletes. Coaches will be in place and teams will continue to train, while adhering to public health requirements and guidelines.
- A similar approach will be taken for club sports, allowing student-athletes to continue within public health regulations.
- The University will honour athletic financial awards, provided student-athletes continue to take part in athletics programs.
- The AUS has said a decision on winter term competition will not be made until this fall, while the ACAA has said it will make a further decision on whether a condensed season for basketball, volleyball, and badminton might be possible beginning in January 2021.
- The national governing body for the AUS, U SPORTS, has announced that if there is no national championship in a given sport, student-athletes in that sport will not consume a year of eligibility.
For more information: Update on fall 2020 sports season
- The Athletic Centre, fitness centre, and outdoor facilities, such as Alumni Field, currently remain closed.
- The University is developing re-opening plans for campus buildings and facilities and will share opening dates and usage guidelines as soon as these are available.
- More information will be available as we get closer to the fall. Athletics will find ways to get students engaged in intramurals, depending on what is allowed by public health at that time.