Updated Sept. 9, 2020
- The fitness centre is open to students, faculty, and staff only.
- Workouts must be pre-booked at least one day and no more than three days in advance — further details are available at: http://www.mountiepride.ca/fitness/FCbookingschedule
- The gymnasium and weight room are currently only available for small supervised groups. More information about open gym/weight room sessions will be shared shortly.
- The pool has not yet re-opened, but a plan is being developed and information will be shared once plans are finalized.
- The field is open for individual use daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. — users must abide by the protocols on the posted signage.
- Group sessions must be requested through and approved by the director of athletics and recreation
Complete details on the Mounties Athletics return to play plan are available at: http://www.mountiepride.ca/sports/general/releases/returntoplayplay
Fall sport season
- Atlantic University Sport (AUS) and the Atlantic Collegiate Athletics Association (ACAA) have announced that all regular season and postseason competition will be cancelled until January 2021.
- At Mount Allison this will impact badminton, basketball, cross-country, football, hockey, rugby, soccer, swimming, and volleyball.
- Mount Allison will continue to offer programming for student-athletes. Coaches will be in place and teams will continue to train, while adhering to public health requirements and guidelines.
- A similar approach will be taken for club sports, allowing student-athletes to continue within public health regulations.
- The University will honour athletic financial awards, provided student-athletes continue to take part in athletics programs.
- The AUS has said a decision on winter term competition will not be made until this fall, while the ACAA has said it will make a further decision on whether a condensed season for basketball, volleyball, and badminton might be possible beginning in January 2021.
- The national governing body for the AUS, U SPORTS, has announced that if there is no national championship in a given sport, student-athletes in that sport will not consume a year of eligibility.
For more information: Update on fall 2020 sports season
- More information will be available as we get closer to the fall. Athletics will find ways to get students engaged in intramurals, depending on what is allowed by public health at that time.