Updated Nov. 24, 2020
Please note: Zone 1, which includes Sackville, is currently in the Orange level of the province's recovery plan. The Athletic and Fitness Centres will remain open to current students, faculty, and staff only, as permitted in the revised Orange phase with operational plans and procedures in place. This includes active screening by staff, mandatory mask wearing at all times, and increased physical distancing depending on the activity. The locker rooms in the Fitness Centre will now be closed.
- The Fitness Centre is open to all current students, faculty, and staff.
- Capacity will be limited to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Reservations are encouraged (http://www.mountiepride.ca/fitness/FCbookingschedule).
- The Athletic Centre is open.
- The gymnasium and weight room are currently only available for small supervised groups.
- The pool has not yet re-opened, but a plan is being developed and information will be shared once plans are finalized.
- The field is open for individual use daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. — users must abide by the protocols on the posted signage.
- Group sessions must be requested through and approved by the director of athletics and recreation
Complete details on the Mounties Athletics return to play plan are available at: http://www.mountiepride.ca/sports/general/releases/returntoplayplay
Fall sport season
- Atlantic University Sport (AUS) and the Atlantic Collegiate Athletics Association (ACAA) have announced that all regular season and postseason competition will be cancelled until January 2021.
- At Mount Allison this will impact badminton, basketball, cross-country, football, hockey, rugby, soccer, swimming, and volleyball.
- Mount Allison will continue to offer programming for student-athletes. Coaches will be in place and teams will continue to train, while adhering to public health requirements and guidelines.
- A similar approach will be taken for club sports, allowing student-athletes to continue within public health regulations. Plans for individual club sport teams are being finalized and will be updated as they are completed.
- The University will honour athletic financial awards, provided student-athletes continue to take part in athletics programs.
- The AUS has said a decision on winter term competition will not be made until this fall, while the ACAA has said it will make a further decision on whether a condensed season for basketball, volleyball, and badminton might be possible beginning in January 2021.
- The national governing body for the AUS, U SPORTS, has announced that if there is no national championship in a given sport, student-athletes in that sport will not consume a year of eligibility.
For more information: Update on fall 2020 sports season