October 2017 — Summary of Board of Regents' October meeting
The Board of Regents met on Oct. 13, 2017.
The Board received and discussed reports from the President and vice-presidents, as well as reports from the chairs of the Board standing committees.
The Board approved the following:
- Audited financial statements for the year ending Apr. 30, 2017
- Review of Operations for 2016-17
- A fund option for new donations that relies heavily on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors
- Updates to the Endowment Management Policy to include environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors
- Policies and procedures for open meetings of the Board of Regents
- Updates to the Distribution of Board of Regents and Committee Minutes and Materials Policy to note that Board minutes will be posted to the University website once approved
The latter four points are related to recommendations from the Responsible Investment and Governance Operations Sub-Committees, which the Board approved in April 2017.
The Board also was updated on the remaining recommendations from the two sub-committees:
- a list of the holdings in the University’s endowment fund has been posted online
- a report on the progress in the University becoming a signatory to the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investment (UNPRI) was provided
- the University’s plans for creating an annual report on responsible investment were shared
The next meeting of the Board will be held Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. It will be open to the public. The guidelines for public meetings of the Board can be found online.
The minutes for the meeting will be posted online as soon as they are available.
April 26, 2017 — Board approves new measures to support Board operations and responsible investing
The Mount Allison Board of Regents’ Executive Committee voted unanimously to approve recommendations related to Board operations and responsible investing at a meeting on Friday, April 21. This completed a year-long process that began in March 2016 and is the result of the work of two Board sub-committees, the Responsible Investment Sub-Committee and the Governance Operations Sub-Committee.
March 2017 — Board launches search for Mount Allison's 15th President and Vice-Chancellor
The Board of Regents has begun the process of identifying Mount Allison’s next President and Vice-Chancellor.
A Presidential Search Committee has been formed with the mandate to manage the search process and bring forward a recommendation to the Board of Regents for a preferred candidate.
To find out more, visit the Presidential Search page, which will be updated throughout the process.