Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- be responsible for recommending to Senate policies, guidelines and general criteria for the awarding of scholarships and bursaries;
- make recommendations with regard to the general allocation of funds, taking into consideration the University’s policies and procedures, and any special conditions associated with the funds;
- give advice on individual awards, especially with respect to in course scholarships, when appropriate.
The Scholarships and Bursaries Committee has seven members.
Two ex-officio members:
- the vice-president, academic and research (chair) — Jeff Ollerhead
- the financial aid and awards counsellor — Maria Thistle
Four faculty or librarians, elected by the Senate:
- Mohammad Ahmady (2018-2021)
- Joshua Kurek (2017-2019)
- Roopen Majithia (2017-2020)
- Cordula Quint (2018-2021)
One student, elected by the Senate:
- Laren Bedgood
At least two ex-officio members and at least two elected members.