Subject: Transportation Policy of the Environmental Policy
Approved by: Vice-President, Administration
Approval date: November 28, 2012
Effective date: November 28, 2012
Administered by: Controller
1 — PURPOSE
Mount Allison is committed to reducing its impact on the environment through its use of vehicles.
2 — POLICY
It is the University’s policy, where it is appropriate to do so, to
- encourage modes of transportation that reduce consumption of fossil fuels;
- reduce the number of University owned vehicles;
- replace vehicles with more those that are more energy efficient;
- encourage the adoption and use of more sustainable approaches to transportation;
- continue to designate the campus as a pedestrian campus; and
- encourage the University community to use less carbon intensive modes of travel.
3 — PERFORMANCE INDICATORS, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND TARGETS
Financial Services will collect information and report metrics and progress on transportation. The metrics to be considered for inclusion are
- emissions from University funded travel, and
- emissions and mileage from University owned vehicles.