[If paper based, add the following line:]
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ON THIS FORM. USE SCANTRON "BUBBLE" SHEETS.
Mount Allison University recognizes the importance of the academic success of students. Your responses on this survey will help your professor to maintain and develop the quality of the course and the learning environment. In addition, the data provided may be used for institutional decisions such as promotion, tenure, and teaching awards. Please answer the following questions thoughtfully, honestly, and respectfully.
Rating scale for all required questions and any added questions , up to question 16:
Strongly Disagree: 1
Strongly Agree: 5
Please leave your response blank if the question is not applicable.
[The questions from Appendix B of the Full-time Collective Agreement between the University and the Mount Allison Faculty Association will be inserted here as the first questions of the survey.]
The remaining questions, up to question 16, have been left available for added questions, if any, either created by the individual professor or chosen from an institutional question bank to reflect the particular goals or context of the course.
17. Your level of interest in the subject prior to this course:
Very low: 1
Very high: 5
18. Your overall grade point average at Mount Allison:
Below 2.5: 1
2.5 - 2.9: 2
3.0 - 3.4: 3
3.5 - 3.7: 4
above 3.7: 5
19. Your expected grade in the course:
20. Your reason for taking the course:
personal interest: 4
21. Your year in school:
Fifth or higher: 5
22. Other than any time spent in class for this course, how many hours per week do you usually spend working on this course?
2 hours or less: 1
More than 2 and less than 4 hours: 2
More than 4 and less than 6 hours: 3
More than 6 and less than 8 hours: 4
8 hours or more: 5
Your responses are especially important to your professor as a means of discovering what was successful and what could be modified in course. Therefore, please take a few minutes to provide your responses to the following two questions:
[If paper-based, add:]
There is a space for your responses on the back of the Scantron "bubble sheet". You may wish to print your comments to avoid recognition of your handwriting.
Please note that any forms containing malicious or inappropriate comments will be destroyed or deleted.
23. Please indicate the characteristics of this course that have been most valuable to your overall learning experience.
24. Please indicate the characteristics of this course you feel might be most important to improve (particularly those aspects not mentioned elsewhere on this form), if any.
[Additional questions may be included here.]
Thank you for your feedback.