The Strategic Research Plan (SRP) was developed by the Senate Committee on Research and Creative Activities during the 2015-16 academic year and approved by Senate on Nov. 15, 2016.
The plan identifies:
- strategic objectives and action items to increase the capacity for research and creative activity success at Mount Allison University
- strategic areas of research intensity and emphasis which guide future nominations and appointments in the Canada Research Chairs (CRC) program and which justify future investments through the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
The plan also outlines areas of research intensity and emphasis — thematic areas where Mount Allison has a critical mass of researchers and impact or where there are latent and emerging opportunities.
The areas of research intensity and emphasis are:
- aquatic sciences
- citizenship, culture, and civil society
- climate change
- creative practice and performance
- health and aging
- material science
- scholarship of teaching and learning
- visual and material culture
Read the full Strategic Research Plan.