Once you are living on campus at Mount Allison, it is easy to draw back into residence for a second, third, or fourth year.
Living in residence as an upperclassman combines the convenience of living and dining on campus with the freedom of choosing your residence room. Returning to residence also opens doors to many different leadership positions, such as residence assistants, academic mentors, or house executive. For more information about these roles, please see.
ROOM DRAW FOR THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
Any student currently living in residence is eligible to draw a room for next year. The process is now virtual and will be available 24/7 from October 6, 2016 to May 2017.
Once the housing portal opens on October 6, you will be able to simply sign-in using your MtA username and password, then select 'Academic Year 2017-2018'.
How it works:
- October 6 (from 7 am) to October 11
(ending at 7 am) — Same Room
If you want to return to stay in the same room you occupy now — click it and you are done! The 'same room' function does not apply to current residence staff or some house executive rooms as they are assigned after hiring and house elections.
- October11 (from 2 pm) to October 13
(ending at 6 am) — House Draw
All of the available rooms in your current house will show — choose one and you are done!
- October 6 (from 7 am) to May 5
(ending at midnight) — General Draw
All of the available rooms left on campus will show — choose one and you are done!
- You can return to the portal if you change your mind. Each new room chosen will cancel your previous choice. If you are hired as an AD, SRA or RA or you are elected President or Secretary/Treasurer then Housing will move you automatically and release the room to general draw.
- Housing deposit of $500.00 is due by May 5, 2017 to hold your room for September 2017. After March 3rd, 2017 we will begin assigning new students to residence rooms so choices will narrow after that date.
- Students wishing to withdraw from their room should notify firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can release your room to other students. The charge to withdraw from a room taken in room draw is $100.00.
Senior Student Residences:
Any student who has lived in residence for the past two years, and who will be entering their third, fourth or fifth year of study next year can apply to live in Carriage House (six rooms) or The Anchorage (eleven rooms) by emailing email@example.com by November 1.
Visit the 'senior student residences' on the MtA virtual tour to see photos!
If you have questions, or run into an issue with our new software, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org