1. What is your summer internship?
I am working at the North End Community Health Centre in Halifax, NS where I shadow a social worker.
2. What do you hope to take away from this experience?
I am always looking to build my awareness around community and ways in which to help marginalized populations. I want to better understand the field of social work and dynamics in our surrounding communities, allowing me to make a meaningful impact. I am motivated to give back in any way I can and feel grateful for the opportunity. I am also looking forward to exposure to medicine, psychology, and social work — all areas of focus in my studies — and considerations for paths in my future.
3. What extracurriculars are you involved in on and off campus?
In my first year I was involved with varsity and intramural soccer, the Student Athlete Mental Health Initiative, SMILE, and Right to Play.
4. What are you most looking forward to next year at Mount Allison?
Looking forward to picking up where we left off.
5. What is one piece of advice you would give to your first-year self?
Relax, everything is going to be okay. Worry less and soak it all in.