Peer Tutor Program
The Peer Tutor Program recruits exceptional students from all disciplines, to tutor fellow students in course content. Peer tutors have:
- a minimum GPA of 3.0
- a B+ or higher in the courses they're tutoring
- only tutor in courses that form part of their major or minor
How to Get a Peer Tutor
Available peer tutors are listed on Moodle. Simply log into Moodle > Academic Support > Peer Tutor List. If you do not see a tutor listed for your course, contact Shelly at email@example.com.
Locations to Meet Your Tutor
Sometimes finding a quiet space on campus can be tricky. Here are a few suggestions for where you and your tutor can meet.
- The Living Room - in the Academic Support Help Hub, Library M16
- 3rd Floor of the Wallace McCain Student Centre
- Group study rooms on the ground and second floors of the Ralph Pickard Bell Library
- The Pond (during off-hours)
- Empty classrooms
- Flying Bean Cafe
- Lounge in Avard Dixon
- Residence lounges
Resources for Tutors
We have resources and information for tutors, including an online peer tutor training manual.